What is the Maximum RWHP a stock Viper clutch can handle ??

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a stock clutch, but it doesn't last as long with all the HP. It's still a lot cheaper than the carbon clutches (I could replace mine about 6 times for the price of one of the carbon clutches).

It does hold up well on the street, but if you plan on a lot of track action, it'll take a beating.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it is a matter of how good is your traction....ie, slicks and basically stock hp can make a stock clutch slip. With slicks or et streets I always recommend starting off with higher tire pressure (25 psi) and working your way down. It's much better on the clutch to let the tires slip a little bit....I call it hazing the tires. Not spinning but not a dead hook either. This is at the strip, on the street any tire should be ok with the clutch until you get to higher speeds with real high hp.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mine is a stock clutch, but it doesn't last as long with all the HP. It's still a lot cheaper than the carbon clutches (I could replace mine about 6 times for the price of one of the carbon clutches).

It does hold up well on the street, but if you plan on a lot of track action, it'll take a beating.

I just bought a spec carbon clutch and AL flwheel for only $300 more than the combination costs from Sean. I would have went stock, but I was worried as my clutch gave out at 20000 miles and I am going to have over 750 RWHP added next month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
prosperitymirra