Who's best on interior's?

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who\'s best on interior\'s?

I'm looking to do my interior over this fall/winter. Seats, knee bolsters, door panels, etc. in like a two tone black/blue combo. Who are the best & best prices? Thanks!

LotsaHP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Who\'s best on interior\'s?

Got mine done by DeWeese Upholstery (does a lot of bikes for Cavalcade of Customs) in Amelia, OH. He was pretty reasonable at $1,600 for everything. Also I hear Snake Hydes does VERY good work also. Here's a pic of my interior:

You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Most probably Venzano, yes.
BUT ! It's the 80/20 rule : you can get stuff 80% as nice as Venzano's at 20% of the cost.
I was one of the first ones to go with Snake Hydes and have been very satisfied with the product. Also, Chad is a great guy to deal with.
I would say go Snake Hydes and buy yourself a Roe supercharger with the change, haha.

I basically dealt with Snake Hydes, ZAF and MGW and all were great people to deal with.

244Summer20030006_klein.JPG

This is the interior from another angle, before I tossed in all my MGW stuff (looks nicer now) :

244Viper_Interior_Project0030-med.JPG

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score

When I have the extra $$, (but NOT the $$$$$$ of Venzano) I will use Chad of Snake Hydes. I have seen his work and talked with his satisfied cuctomers as well as Chad himself (who is a member of this board).

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

have not seen the others work in person, but Venzano's interiors are exlempary. i know several people w/ them and have held up for years.

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Stay tuned, we're about to offer a full line of interior modifications utilizing only the best leather available, Connolly hides. We just finished Vern Hill's Viper and it'll be featured @ www.makesandmodels.com in roughly 2 weeks.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the posts & especially the pics! I like Deweese's price, Venzano's price too high. How do I get a hold of Snake Hydes? I really like the idea of Vipermed's exchange program but I can't seem to get them to respond to my emails to them & get a sample shipped to me!! That way my car won't be ******* & I won't have to ship it anywhere. Well I'll see what I can find. Thanks! :confused:

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jamie
Great Viper
I have the Venzano and though the price is a bit more you need to ask yourself why Henne**y and then you answered why Venzano.
Have you been able to take the Viper out or has the weather been keeping you in?

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Venzano was my choice with the RT/10. If/when I do something with the SRT I will shop around as we now have alternatives.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Point taken on the Venzano :) I had the Viper out this weekend & what a blast! It ran like a charm! No racing lately, just around town & interstate.

GCHDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Here are a few more shots and contact info:
190chris_y_interior_002-med.jpg

190chris_y_interior_004-med.jpg

1901Viper_group0014-med.jpg

190Yves_door_panel-med.jpg

190YVES_SEAT_BOTTOM_1-med.jpg

190dyed_steering_wheel0003-med.jpg

190my_seats_in_tan0001-med.jpg

Now for the question posted "Who is the best" My answer would have to be Venzano....The best custom work that I have ever seen. A lot of time and money goes into making his interiors. This is what he does for a living and he gets paid for his time and skills as an upholster. Now as most of you know I am a Toyota Dealer and Snake Hydes is a side business I created when I wanted to upgrade my Gen I interior to "get the gray out!" I contacted Venzano and he quoted me a steep price and woud not negotiate with me at all "the price is the price" he said. I knew that it could not cost that much to do an interior change from my experience with Toyota and adding leather to a car that was once cloth. I knew that there were others out there that would be interested in the same so I offered it to anyone one this board that was interested. my business is generated by word of mouth and a few on-line discussion boards. I could sell 3-4 more times the interiors if I would advertise or start a web site but I am satisfied "for now" with the business that I do. I have even done a few other makes besides Vipers. At first I tried to send out info packs to anyone interested in my interiors with color samples and even a logo sample of the Sneaky Pete with 1/2 the thread count as the production model but a guy named Brett Forsgren stole it and would not send it back after several emails and phone messages. I hated to tell a potential customer that they had to send me a deposit to get the samples but the leather rings are not free and everytime someone did not send one back I had to order another one. As far as having an exchange program on interiors I have a set of Gen II seats and center console in stock, but after talking with several customers it seems as if you would rather have your own stuff back so that you know that you are getting the same quality back as you sent me and you know that it came out of your car and it will fit properly back in. I am always willing to help anyone with questions about Vipers and share any knowledge that I have picked up since owning my first one. One last question that I get asked most frequently is about the wrinkling or loose looking material on the bolsters on the seats, and the reason for this is you are replacing Vinyl with leather (which is what the factory makes them out of. The factoy seats only have about 35-45% leather on them and the rest is plastic carpet or vinyl) The new Leather will shrink up after a few weeks of being in the hot car. The Gen II seats have an extra seam on them to reduce this by 95% but the Gen I seat will shrink in that area tighten up just like the Gen II seats. Ask anyone that we have done it for. Some of the pictures above show dyed door panels, material recovered door panels, logos, a dyed to match steering wheel, a close up of the stitch quality, and our real leather carbon fiber shift and e-brake boots. Here is my email address and phone numbers:
[email protected]
1-850-209-3133 cell
1-850-526-3511 wk Marianna Toyota ask to speak to Chad
1-850-482-7328 hm I am on central time zone

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have seen Venenzo's and Chad's work. Let me tell you that Venenzo has nothing on Chad. The qualitiy is much better than the stock Viper. And the price is right! I did mine myself or I would have gone to Chad.

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Jamie,

I am getting turbos put on my old gen 1 nest month. I would love to see your car in person. If you can hold out until next year, you ought to go to Chuck Tator's BBQ, You will see Chad's work on a couple cars. You live fairly close to Ed Rist (acellR8) and we could all met up in PA.

OP
OP
V

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
Where are you getting the turbo work done? It looks like on mapquest you are about 150 miles from me. I'd like to get the car interior done after November 1st 'cause that's when it gets parked for the winter but done before spring. So far, after much consideration, it looks like John Hen*es*ey has the best deal on the interior..all Connelly leather, however you spell it,for an excellent price! Where does Ed live? I sold a trailer to an Ed Budriss from Langhorne. Same guy? Anyway, we'll have to hook up one way or another!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dan,
Where are you getting the turbo work done? It looks like on mapquest you are about 150 miles from me. I'd like to get the car interior done after November 1st 'cause that's when it gets parked for the winter but done before spring. So far, after much consideration, it looks like John Hen*es*ey has the best deal on the interior..all Connelly leather, however you spell it,for an excellent price! Where does Ed live? I sold a trailer to an Ed Budriss from Langhorne. Same guy? Anyway, we'll have to hook up one way or another!

Not the same Ed, I live in Dauphin PA (halfway between Harrisburg and Halifax)not far from your neck of the woods. Myself and Lauri (RedEnuff93) often get up your way when we take Lauri's private race track 125 to Schmokin.
Next time we go out for a spirited Sunday drive up that way we should link up as I would love to see your car. Often times we will get 3 or so vipers together and just drive some of the back roads.

Ed

dansauto

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have never seen the connelly leather in person, but I have heard it is excellent. My turbos are being done by a mustang tuner in Oaklahoma. I am driving the car done at the end of Oct and hope to have it back before the end of the year. I am shooting for 700+ RWHP with no motor work and 8 psi of boost. This will leave me room if I want to do some head/manifold work and turn up the boost. I would love to see see the plumbing and hear the turbos as your car seems to be the godfather of turbo vipers.

vinny2

Viper Owner
Reaction score

got mine from scott at elite and couldn't be happier. looks great, quality is excellent, and with his exchange program, price was right. you can do a search and see pics.
also, i don't know why, but i called and e-mailed venzano at least 5 times over several weeks, when i was first looking, and could never get through and never got 1 return e mail. my vote goes to scott.