Report: DC Performance stage 1 SRT

treynor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Liz and I have had our DC stage 1 SRT (ported heads, lifters, K&Ns, otherwise bone stock) back for a couple weeks now, and wanted to provide an update. The car has run flawlessly - the engine's a bit quieter because of the lifters, and the idle has slightly more lope to it for the same reason. However, the differences are subtle, and if you didn't drive a stock SRT prior to driving ours, you might think it was as delivered from the factory. Throttle response, exhaust noise, low-speed driveability, and so on are unaffected.

On the throttle, the car pulls like a stocker running a tiny shot of spray. The engine revs more quickly in each gear, and I find myself bouncing off the rev limiter (which I never did on the stock car) because the engine just wants to keep pulling past the point where the electronics say "woah". There's a noticeable uptick in power at about 3000 RPM, and it holds the power considerably higher in the rev band. I have yet to get it to the dragstrip, but SOTP I'd say it will run 124-125 in the 1/4.

All in all, this has been an excellent upgrade to our SRT, and I'd recommend it to anyone who wants 10% more "go" in their SRT with no discernable downside.

Daniel Cragin/DC Performance Inc

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Ron,
We did not put the 1.7 rockers on Bens car. The SRT 10 motor comes with a 1.7 ratio rocker with a roller fulcrum.
We found by adding a strong true roller rocker with a chromoly pushrod the valvetrain was more stable and we picked up some hp.

Thanks for the followup Ben it is much appreciated.

luv2race2

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Found out I spun the #1 bearing in my 2003. Made small noise then repeated quickly thereafter while getting louder. (sounded like a rocker arm off its post) Anyways, I shut the engine off and sent it in to Hartzeim Dodge. They notified me that the #1 bearing had spun around on the crank?? Saw the bearing myself, definately was worn down to the brass/copper color. They sent the motor back to Arrow. I have to say that Todd @ Arrow was great. They installed a new crank, bearings, oil pump (Still waiting to see repair list which comes this tuesday) and said it should be just like new.

Anyother odd thing from Arrow, re-dynoed the motor and claims to have 543 hp & 593 torque. They did nothing else other than rebuild to stock. Todd told me that rebuilt motors from their shop often result in more power. But I also ordered the roller rockers and pushrods. They sent me the dyno ratings on them. Rockers were good for 35 hp and pushrods were 10!!All for $769.00 Not bad. Hartzeim just installed them and hoping to drive the car to the Tuesday night viper meeting!! Then the next day to Apex to re-dyno the motor.

Otherwise Hartzeim & Arrow have done a top-notch job by keeping me informed and making the right repairs!! I will let you know the outcome when I get to drive the car. It should be now 585hp & over 600 in torque!!! We will just see about that

Paul

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456