Racing in Las Vegas this past weekend -- off track!

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got back from Vegas last night after having attended the Supras Invade Las Vegas event. Overall it (the road course) was a fun event. Not to hammer the organizers of the event, as I am sure it is a tough thing to do, but it was the most unorganized of any road course event I have been to. Rules were kind of thrown out there and no meeting showing the layout of the track. The sessions never started or ended on time. I met some very cool people there, but overall I do not think I will attend future events from this organization. I loved the track though, and will head back to race there again under different organization (Speed Ventures, where are you?)

From what I saw, there were two other Vipers out there racing besides me, a black ACR and Trent in his 2001 Yellow RT/10. We were getting black flagged and singled out like crazy. I don't know about the Black ACR that was out there (we were on opposite sides of the track it seemed) but I let a couple cars pass me when they got close, yet I still got flagged for holding up the course, this after passing half the cars on the track (I have the video to show this.) A few of those supra's were quite fast and they took the corners really well compared to me (I had street tires.) When they got close, I pointed them by and let them pass on the straights (this is on video too.. ha!)

I met Trent there and got a ride in his Roe S/C'd yellow RT/10. Was a fun ride, and I was surprised it did not get hot after hammering it for 20 mins straight on the road course. Trent, as you left for the day, this one guy says, "That yellow viper is fast!" and then the guy that was black flagging us all day says, "Yeah, fast in the straights, but slow in the corners... he was holding up all the cars including mine on that last run.... I was right behind him." So much jealousy. I was in your car with you that last run and we passed every car we came up to and had to half throttle it most of the time because Supra's were holding you up. Funny (yet frustrating) stuff. It's that same BS that got be flagged (and I have NEVER been flagged at any event, ever.)

Oh yeah, for those of you that saw my pretty 19" purners -- one side of the car now has some scuffed up 19" purners. Long story, but I was unable to get my racing wheels on so I chose to race with the big wheels and spun off the track on my last session, going off sideways at pretty good speed. Crappy part is that my video tape had run out so I didn't get this on film. Ah well!

Afterwards, my car was pulling to the right during hard acceleration (wheel spin) when I was back on the street (after cleaning the car up) so I chose not to do the 1/4 mi drags that weekend until I had the car checked out.

Oh yeah, and I had some azzhole get into my viper while it was parked overnight at the hard rock in the closed off Valet area (on the trailer) and they took everything that wasn't bolted down (CD's, garage door opening, registration/insurance paperwork, all manuals, vipermania window keys and some extra hard top locking bolts that I had in there. I was pissed, but there was no damage to the car otherwise and the stereo and camera mount were still in the car (looked to be a quick ****** and run type of deal.) ***** cuz they have my address and my garage door opener. Now I need to go change my opener codes.

Willow springs raceway in 2 days!!! :) Trent, you coming down?

Yellow Fever

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manny it was great partying with you on Thursday Night at the Hard Rock ! Sorry to hear about the ******* that broke into your car.. :mad:

Cheers

Jeff

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jeff,

Going to sleep at 2am then getting up at 5:30, racing all day, and being sick with this cold/flu thing I have, didn't make for the best party mode on my side -- I will be 100% the next time we hit the town, wherever that might be.