How do you get the bugs out of the radiator?

2001 Sapphire Blue

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just got back from the Nascar races at the Kansas Speedway. Took the Viper cause I had infield parking passes. What a couple of days with everyone taking pics of the Viper and asking questions. Anyway, I was washing it yesterday and I was trying to get some of the bugs out of the radiator. It's tough! Those damn grasshoppers are impossible. Anyone have an easy way to get those embedded bugs out?

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
>>>Vacuum Cleaner with a brush attachment<<<

I told you: sucking... :rolleyes:

BruceW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I made a cover out of window screen with velcro tabs at the top to make it removable for cleaning. It does a great job of keeping crap out of the radiator and getting into the engine compartment and doesn't seem to impede the airflow at all.

obaa996

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Radiator fin comb.
They're used to straighten bent/flattened fins; I've never been able to get them to do this correctly, but they do get the crud out... They cost about $1 at Harbor Freight.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theres a product called "bugoff" that softens the critters up and makes it much easier to spray them off. Other names I believe are "bugaway" etc. Used alot on motorhomes, RV's, etc. Tried it out on exwifes Toyota Sienna frontend and within a few minutes they were off.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4