First time Viper owner (with question)

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well, as of Saturday I am now the proud owner of a silver 1999 Viper GTS/ACR. This has been the car I have always wanted. Number 1: It's a Viper. 2. It's an ACR. 3. It's the last year for forged pistons. 4. It's silver. 5. IT'S A VIPER!!!

Anyway, the car is great. I really got a chance to get to know the car on the 400 mile drive home. There is just one thing wrong with the car, the hood won't stay up. I am sure it is the lower springs, but I am wondering, how much are these and how hard are they to install?

Thanks
Mark
:)

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Mark, congrats on the ride, nice piece!!

Check this thread out on your spring issue, under $200 bucks for both sides, easy do it yourselfer.

hingeinstall

For a new owner I'd consider dropping the front fascia bolt that bottoms out into the rad bottle and is a real mess to change if you pierce it, the front end has to come off. If you drive the car in unfamilar areas moreso.

Take care, enjoy the beast,

OP
OP
S

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was going to tell you to track it but with all the hotties out there you may not have time.

So many hotties, only one seat! ;)
I am so enjoying this car. It looks real good in my garage. Hahaha! Also, can't get over the way people damn near break their necks trying to get a good look at it. I picked the car up on Saturday, and that night I was at a local (local to Phoenix, AZ) car show. I can't believe how many people came over to have a look.

Mark
:)

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome! Join our group at [email protected]. Sign up on yahoo free. You will be sent notices on autocross, drag racing, car shows, cruises and grudge racing in go-carts coming up. Viper Club of America is a great investment too.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a new owner I'd consider dropping the front fascia bolt that bottoms out into the rad bottle and is a real mess to change if you pierce it, the front end has to come off.

Is there NO other way to do this?

DesertSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was this the one in Scottsdale? I came soooo close
to buying that (had cashier's check in hand) but the
salesman wouldn't let me take it to a ViperTech.
I researched the previous owner and service records
and it was kept in immaculate condition the entire
time. Hope you have fun with it! Wish me luck
finding one too :)

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome aboard Mark. I know you will never regret getting your Viper. Enjoy it, and be safe. Russ :cool:

SapphireGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a new owner I'd consider dropping the front fascia bolt that bottoms out into the rad bottle and is a real mess to change if you pierce it, the front end has to come off.

Is there NO other way to do this?

You must be registered for see images

Its not that big of a problem. I was doing a 360 degree burnout, jumped a curb on the right passenger side. On the way home my car overheated. I thought for sure it was the facie with a hole in it. I hit so hard that I jarred the (close to defective) waterpump loose. If it makes you feel better and you dont want to take that bolt out. Just put a shorter one in.

I dont know about all years but you can see that the overflow bottle sits up there pretty high. I think if you hit something so hard to force a blunt bolt up a few inched into a hard plastic bottle, you will have more damage than just the facia bottle. Thats just my experience.

Good luck with the car.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave