What is the strangest or BEST reaction you've had to driving your viper?

genXgts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper?

Had the half naked 20 year old strip tease a foot off my bumper at a light at 2am bar time on our bar strip. Crowd was going nuts as was I. Checking her skirt for any metal parts that might scratch the hood.

After the tease dance and the light had turned green (I wasn't about to mow her down let her finish her routine) she said if you liked that follow me.

Hottie for sure, but had a passenger (male), let it go at that.

Not too much negative attention here other than a *** of gum on my hood stripes that melted quickly not noticing it on start up after leaving a club one night. I can count one hand the times I have left it unattended or out of eyesight at least. That was one of them, took it as a learning lesson as the gum could have just as easily been a keying from one end to the other. Ouch.....

Total ride count given to complete strangers, uhhh, I would say 50ish or so, what kind of numbers you guys have for rides?

Peter-RedGTS'98

Enthusiast
Reaction score

And I've had a fair share of people nearly getting into accidents in their cars tryin to get a better look at the car as well. :(

Oh… I love it. One guy looked at my Viper for too long and left the road instantly hitting a fence and spinning his Toyota over the grassy area. My daughter asked in disbelieve “Did you see what I saw????”

Nexus-6

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: What is the strangest or BEST reaction you\'ve had to driving your viper

How about when Vette driver's ignore you?

Yeah, I get that one ALL time too...they tend to go REALLLLLLLY slow whenever they're around me - especially if they have passengers.

Helll, my ZR1 won't even look across the garage at the Viper. I gotta keep em seperated.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

In the Viper I get more than a few "Vette waves" from oncoming Vettes.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

in the first hour or so after picking up my car I had a lady climbing ou the window taking a polaroid of the car at 75MPH.

while the wife was driving it home from the shore on route 287 I noticed a young hottie flashing her and I out the window of her BF's car.

always get people aasking about the price of it and how much are the payments....silly humans, I have no payments.

And I cant convince people its only a 50,000 dollar car and its not that big of a deal to own one. ya dont have to be rich, just able to save money.

Blade Runner

Enthusiast
Reaction score

While driving home one night I had a small boy 8-10 years old see my 2001 RT/10 and run up to his house yelling "Mom Viper Mom Viper" probably scared his Mom to Death.

Had a couple follow me home to tell me that was their dream car.

Had some guy at a car show comment " what some people will do to beat a Vette."

Had all the other questions, speakers cost, speed.

I did have the Director of HR ask me to give incentive rides to employees that perform above standard.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After I got my car back from Heffner's, I took my 73 year old father for a ride. My car is black, lowered, and has somewhat of a sinister look anyway. He get's in and shuts the door, leans back in the seat and says, "The coffin door has shut".

----------
2000 Black/Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

TomH

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I had a new SUV pull up beside me at a light, down comes the window and about a 12 year old boy hangs his head out and asks me how much will I take for it. I reply, "Trade you straight across for that cute blond next to you" The look on his moms face was priceless.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I was getting copy's made at a local Kinko's (before I owned a Viper)and this beautiful girl was sanding next to me at the counter. I noticed someone had left their car keys on the counter. So I grabbed them and looked at her and said need a new car? She looked at the keys and said no thanks. Not unless its a Viper.
I stood there dumb founded, thinking this girl just said Viper. Not BMW or Mercedes or Corvette like most girls.
So trying to impress her, I said I'm was looking to buy a Viper soon. :cool:

She gave me the ( Yeah right, were all looking to buy a Viper soon). :crazy:
I bought mine a month later. :2tu:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I bought some of those fancy key blanks on Ebay. I was getting one of them cut at a local hardware store.

The kid takes the key and says something like,"yeah, a Viper". I say something about just having bought mine and he says, "right".

I tell him, "really, it's right outside". He look's at me like he only half believes me and then runs outside.

It took me an hour to get the key cut.

This is a rural area and almost all the Vipers are in the magazines.

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to look at a local car show about a year ago. I drive up to the guy who is showing people where to park and he directs me on to the show area.

I tell him that I'm not in the show, I'm just here to look.
He says that I have to be in the show, he insisted.

So I drive into the show area and they have me park right up front. Big crowd around the car for the whole time I was there.
The Vette guys across from me didn't seem to be able to see my car. Perhaps it was too low to attract their attention.

I didn't register to actually be in the show. I stayed about four hours answering all the regular questions.
Quite a few people had cameras and, of course, wanted their picture in the driver seat.
I didn't see any of that over in the Vette area.

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if the Corvette forums ever run (strangest or BEST reaction) posts? :cool:

2000 GTS Steel Grey
Six piston Bier claws up front, front brakes in back
Quaife Differential, GKH half shafts, alloy fly wheel,
short throw shifter, polished intakes, K&N air filters, Optima battery,

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I wonder if the Corvette forums ever run (strangest or BEST reaction) posts?

"All the other dudes liked my Vette so much, their exposed chest hair stood on end, pushing their gold chains out a good two inches"

commoditybroker

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After giving my brother in law his first spin this weekend

"This car is so damn fast it made my eye's water from the pressure on my chest when you accellerated."

He likened it to a roller coaster...damn, I guess I am getting used to it ;)

Zach

sun diego

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why don't you put those cool lights underneath it?
Asked when I was parked near rice at racelegal. I was speechless(for once).

Viperbass

Enthusiast
Reaction score

About two months after I purchase my Viper I was at a friends backyard BBQ when a rather attractive guest approached and asked if anyone had ever sat naked in my car. When I replied no she asked if she could be the first! :headbang:

What does that commercial keep saying? Priceless!

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I went to a drive-in event with a local Corvette club to see 2 Fast & 2 furious (and laugh at the movie).
We were all lined up for tickets, and a big pickup truck with about 7 kids in the back pulled into the ticket line next to us.
One of them spotted all of the cars and said "Wow, look at all of those Vettes! There's one, two, three...ten, eleven....OH MAN! a Viper, Look! A Viper, and they all pointed and waved and jumped up and down in the truck bed for several minutes.

The Corvette guys were not amused. :eek: ;)

-Dean.

TFAST4U

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Man I love all these posts. Looks like we all have a story. I have to many to list.

I think my best one is how I felt the first day I picked up the 1997 GTS w/b Viper. I drove all the way from South FL to Roswell GA in a 2002 Z06 Corvette, YES a Z06 Corvette. I was traiding in the Vet for the Viper. Pritty cool ha. Well any way I picked up the Viper and I must say. All the way home for 700 miles I was vidio taped,peapole were taking pitchers, comming up to me at the resy stop, gas station. I was like WOW I never got this with the Porche, BMW, Z06. I'm like what gives. And than it dawned on me. I OWN A VIPER, and this is what happens.There is nothing like a Viper....................Nothing

Jim Wilson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have two stories that I think tie for my best:

1. The second day that I had my Viper I'm passing through a school zone on the way to a meeting. I'm looking straight ahead when I faintly hear a kid scream "look a Viper!" I glance over and see about 200 elementary school kids ALL running toward me waving and yelling. Luckily there was a chain link fence in between me and them!

2. I was driving to Cheyenne, Wyo to visit my parents a couple of weeks ago and I'm passing through Winslow, AZ on a Saturday morning. Well there happened to be a car show going on along their main drag. They had one side of the street taped off and cars of all types were lining the roadway. As I passed EVERYONE that was walking around looking at the cars stopped what they were doing and watched me pass saying things like "now that's what I want!".

1BADBITE

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I stopped outside a local retail store with the Vip and some guys in their late 20's stopped in awe. Glancing at me, one said if I had that kind of money I would buy a home.... and I responded ummmm " I own a home as well !
They reeled and said no way .... wow.
I counted my blessings!

HOdbleFman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I have always liked vettes and been interested in them since I was a young kid. I have a C5 vette now as well as a 98 GTS. I had never been to the corvette museum in Bowling Green. So, this summer I went and decided to drive the Viper for some reason. Well I don't know if any of you have been there, but they have parking in the front of the parking lot that has a sign in front of it that says, "Corvette Parking Only" or something of that nature. Well, I wasn't going to park the Viper in the regular parking lot so I pulled it in the Vette parking with the corvettes. About that time a whole troop of boyscouts pulled up. They all ran out of the car towards the vettes. Then one of them says, "hey guys look, a Viper." They immediately all ran away from the vettes and began taking pictures of the Viper. A guy that owned a vette was walking to his car and he said to me, "we oughta have that thing towed." I lauged and he did too, but deep down inside I know he was serious. I mean I would feel insignificant parking my vette next to a Viper any day.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This post is a classic! Is there any doubt that the Viper is the greatest car on earth?

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

To The Top!

THOR

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Looks, :) ...stares, :) ...kids yelling out: "look a Viper", :) ...one hottie flashing her cones on the highway, :shocked:
...my #1 customer asking me for an hour long ride (and to stop and show his wife) instead of actually going to lunch, :laugh:
...all this in less than one month of ownership.
:headbang: :2tu: Vipers Rule!!! :2tu: :headbang:

Tiepilot

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Bewbs flashing from other cars.

Silver Snake

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Only had the car for a month as well, but on my way home the day I got the car (400 mile drive), I was approaching one of those border checkpoints. Well I was about 5 or 6 cars back and I could see that they were just waving cars through and no body was really even stopping. As I was pulling up the stood in the middle of the lane (previously standing on the side) and signaled me to stop. I did absolutely nothing wrong and couldn't figure out why he stopped me. He came back around to the side as I rolled down the window. He asks me a couple of questions like, "Are you from out of state?" and "Is this your car?" I explained to him that I am from out of state, I just bought the car and I am returning to CA. He stood there for a moment and then asked me a few more questions. "How fast have you had it?" "What do you do for a living that you can afford it?" Then a short pause and "Wow! What a nice car! Have a good day and stay out of trouble."

Hahaha!!! These cars are so cool. I have always thought so and now that I am on the other side of the window it is all the more cool!

Mark
:)

MOZART

Viper Owner
Reaction score

had to stop at the grocery store on the way home.there's a fire house next to the store parking lot.they were washing the fire trucks as i drove by. there were about 10 skateboarding kids watching them wash the trucks as i left the store to get in the car all the kids and all the firemen were just standing in a big circle checking the bat mobile out( a black on black 99 rt 10.the firemen house guys even offered to wash the car for me i said thanks but no thanks) bob :eek:

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Why is it the vette guys ignore ya?????? They actually look the other way!!!!!!! I love it!!!!!!!!
What is it somebody said....... in a VIPER, you're a ROCKSTAR! :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :2tu: :D :cool: :usa:

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I've had a Viper since '96 and I have so many stories.
From kids wanting to drag race and not seeing the cops across the street, to getting free dance lessons etc.
This car has opened so many doors for me, I kinda figure it's paid for itself.
But, besides driving it, the greatest thing this car does is bring huge smiles to sooo many kids faces.
It always blows my mind that a CAR could bring soo much happiness to so many kids.

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score

:2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu: :2tu:
What Tracy said!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth