trade

BIRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking of trading my 01 GTS. Saphire with silver, corsa, Forgeline 19'and 8000 miles. This car is perfect. What do you think its worth towards an SRT?

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$50,000 to $52,000 without the wheels (trade value). I would sell the wheels seperately. Alot depends on the price of the SRT....higher price = more trade in value and of course that works the other way around too.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
you would be better off to sell your car for $50K or so, then seach for the right SRT for you. I have seen them for sale for the low $70K, unless you have to have a new one. If you want to sell the rims seperatly, I have a friend looking for some.

Mike Brunton

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don't forget the possible tax advantage. Here in MA, sales tax is 5%, and you pay it on the difference between your trade and your new car. So if the SRT was $80k, and you get $50k, you are paying tax on $30k ($1,500) instead of on $80k ($4,000). So if someone comes along and offers you $52k on the car, you would be better trading it in, because you get $500 more, and you are not liable for any potential lemonade law.

(note, I don't mean lemon law, I mean lemonade/lemon-aid law. This is a private/consumers version of the lemon law. In MA it states, I belive, that if a car needs repairs to pass a safety/sticker inspection, and if the costs to exceed those repairs are more than 10% of the purchase price, the buyer can return the vehicle to the seller)

MiamiJeff

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some friendly car dealers will help accomodate the private sale of your current vehicle thru their dealership such that it is handled as a trade, saving you much $ on sales tax (paying tax only on the net difference).