Design specifications

PHILIP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this group, I am a Dodge Enthusiast, owning several early Dodge cars.
I live in New Zealand and am keen to purchase and bring a RT/10 to NZ.

I am currently finalising details here in New Zealand, part of this process involves the imported vehicle meeting the design standards for frontal impact and other aspects here. Could someone please advise to what standards the gen 1 vipers were designed too.

Thank you

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would depend on what year viper you are purchasing as to the specifics however best talk to someone like Chuck Tator of Tators Dodge in New York, USA Tel. #914-763-3136

Good Luck..
Adam

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Philip, What early Dodges do you own???? I just purchased an A/F and data recording device from your neighboring country... Australia built by Peter Gargano and the Tech Edge Pty. Ltd.

Cudaman :usa:

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would depend on what year viper you are purchasing as to the specifics however best talk to someone like Chuck Tator of Tators Dodge in New York, USA Tel. #914-763-3136

Good Luck..
Adam

Thanks Adam, but I wont know that.
Philip call DC at 800-992-1997

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Philip, welcome and good luck. Damn, I wish I had thought to recommend torquemonster to you earlier.. where is my brain?!

Cudaman,
does it work well? You got the new version 2? Which sensor did you go for? I'm looking at one of those, and a Knock Link from New Zealand. I notice Tech Edge say they won't write "custom" invoices.. if anyone wants me to buy them one and send it as a gift, no problems :)

OP
OP
P

PHILIP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks, I own a 1930 DD6 Dodge Sedan which I restored about 15 years ago and have a 1927 series 124 roadster with Rumble seat, that has been awaiting finishing for too many years.

I would be keen to speak to torquemoster. I spoke to DC here in NZ they were not helpful and would rather I purchase a new 2002 model for $259k!! they also said that DC US does not really like to see vehicles exported as they like to keep track of then for recall etc. They suggested that there would be a panel on the car somewhere indicating this, although I doubt this.

Tator's Dodge must have been one of the first dealers signing up with the Brothers prior to their first production in Nov 1914, thats a great loyal and dependable history Chuck!!

OP
OP
P

PHILIP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can someone please confirm if the viper (gen 1 or 2) has An FMVSS (US Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards) plate on the vehicle.

Thanks Philip

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R