SVS Stryker TT-Quickest and Fastest Viper in the World [email protected]

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just wanted to shed some light on our company Stryker TT R+D testing Viper.

1st. The whining from the Fuel pump

The Fuel pump is solid mounted to the frame. It resonates through the entire frame because it is metal to metal mounted. The fuel pump is placed there for ease of testing. The customers Vipers that we are now building TT systems on will be outfitted with a completely different fuel pump arrangement. No whining.

2nd. The paint job.

We bought our 96 GTS Viper from George Ciamillo at MGW. The reason was we wanted a all white base GTS so we could place a paint scheme over the top of it. 2 weekends before the 1999 VOI in Vegas we still had no idea what to paint our "cue ball" GTS. We were going to debut our Stryker TT system and we wanted something special. We had many sketch's and designs but nothing fit. I went with my girlfriend to the Harley swap meet/show at McCormack place 2 weekends before VOI 5. We came upon a booth with custom painted tanks and one of the tanks had the paint scheme like we have now. Me and my girlfriend both looked at the same tank and looked at each other and said "THAT'S IT!". Tim Alcalde was the artist who made a deal with us knowing that we would be promoting this Viper in many different ways. He dropped all his work and painted the GTS in 3 days from a sketch on a piece of paper. He put 7 coats of clear on it and it was finished in 1 week, just in time for VOI 5. He did it for next to nothing and you would freak if I told you how much. His return has been overly favorable. I believe it is one of the coolest paint jobs I personally have ever seen, and it is one of the biggest reasons people tend to think this is a million dollar Viper. It definitely looks like one and if it's a million dollars I'll sell it for 80% off :D

You must be registered for see images

3rd - The interior

The Motec ADL dash. (above the steering wheel)

You don't need this to run a Stryker TT system. All the factory gauges stay in place. A few gauges may be added. We utilyze the Automtic Data Logger just like the Comp Coupes do in racing. You can record (log) all the pertinent information that is going on in the engine and also from wherever you wish to place sensors and record from. Having the logged data of each and every run gives you better judgment on how to handle and build your customers systems. Going to the drag race and having all the information at your finger tips of exactly what happened in every run, is the key to making better decisions for our customers and our racing.

The 2 speed auto trans.

We plan on getting times from our new TT systems with the T-56 6 speed when they are finished. From our calculations we see no reason why we will not be in the nines, but it is yet to be seen. We put the 2 speed auto in the Stryker TT to go for the record held by John H. The record is 8.93 at 149mph using NOS w/turbo’s. The record we just beat on 10-26 was also held by John H. It was a 9.66 (not sure of the mph) w/ turbo’s only (no NOS). Our first attempt at the ¼ mile was a 9.416 @ 147.50mph w/ turbo’s only. Again the 2 speed auto trans was put in the car for functionality and testing. If we wanted we could put it in any GEN II Viper and make it look like stock, and also give the ability to place your T-56 back in place when finished drag racing. Stay tuned for further ¼ mile developments.

The passenger side wiring.

Many people look at this organized mess and go “Wow what is all that stuff?” I tell them “Imagine walking into a warehouse full of old vacuum tube computers filled to the ceiling and then imagine a palm pilot in your hand” This wiring systems integration was some of our first attempts at complex electronics management over 3 years ago. Now we can completely wire or rewire any Viper (or any car for that matter) so that we can control the electronics when adding high-performance to the equation. Now what we can accomplish is placing all the wiring into a harness just like it’s from the factory. Below is the “palm pilot” that you never even see in your stock looking Viper.

The Motec EMS (Engine management system)

The gold box in the passenger foot well is the Motec M8 EMS. This computer is over 7 years old. On our customers new Stryker systems they will be outfitted with the newest versions that are more compact and have greater functionality. The new harness and Motec EMS will be outfitted equal to factory installations. I ‘m aware of the new AEM EMS that is coming out for the Viper. We have accomplished similar electronic systems integration that AEM is doing right now for their plug and play unit. I’m aware that many are excited about the AEM unit and if anyone in the Midwest(or anywhere) needs assistance please feel free to contact us. We have been tuning with Motec for over 7 years and are very experienced in Stand Alone Engine Management Systems.

The Roll Cage.

Well in order to go 247mph on the Salt Flats or drag race into the 8’s safety requirements say that you need a roll cage. If you are interested in having a 9 second street Viper? Take all the extra weight out of our test Viper(over 200lbs) and 8 sec. 1/4 mile times are very possible. Place all this into a streetable Viper and 9 seconds is not something that would be pushing it to the edge.

The fire suppression system

The rear hatch area of our Viper has a tubular frame support for the parachutes. It also doubles as a area for adding weight. The fire bottles wouldn’t fit in the rear hatch area.

4th. The Stryker TT engine.

We have been testing and building twin turbo V10’s since 1995. We have tested, overboosted to the edge and blown up, burned to the ground and then we started to figure it out. We did all of this with our own money and our own Vipers. Most systems are built on your Viper, then taken to the track and pushed to the limit to achieve a number for recognition. Very soon we will be running with our customers at the track as we continue to keep testing with our Stryker TT R+D testing Viper. Once we have completed our testing with our Stryker TT stage III we will be placing our Stryker TTRS engine into the Patriot Missile and going back to the Salt Flats to attempt 300mph. Maybe we will start at the drag races first, and then go to the flats after. :2tu:

Food for thought – In 1999 SVS went to Norwalk to run in the ¼ mile. I sucked bad. We were running 148-149mph trap speeds with the 6 speed 10.1, 10.2’s. Ask Roy Terpstra from TNT. He was there. I burnt the clutch out because I really couldn’t get the hang of drag racing. Well, I really enjoy drag racing now. ;)

In car 9.416 @ 147.50mph

Byron Dragway Sunday!Sunday!!Sunday!!!

Ron jR. :usa: :usa: :usa:

viperrt96

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does my eyes deceive me :ooo: I see the alternator between the throttle bodies. Is that a Gen I motor in that smoking 96GTS ? :headbang: That's what I'm talking about.

OutThere

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta feel for the poor guy running the left lane. He runs a 10.31 @ 128 MPH and loses by nearly a full second!

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta feel for the poor guy running the left lane. He runs a 10.31 @ 128 MPH and loses by nearly a full second!
Not to detract from a great run, but when you factor in the reaction time, the other guy actually crossed the finish line first. I can hear it now, Ron Sr. on the car radio screaming, "Wake up Jr., GO, GO, GO!" ;)

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fastest no question at 247mph at the salt flats (correct the speed if I miss-quoted) but I believe the TT that ran at beech bend v-10 nationals ran a 9.38 at the nationals and later that month ran a 8.9 whatever (the TT from JH). It is the quickest with out nitrous, no question. Either way SVS has built a machine that would fly if you attached wings.
Congrats on the run.

Fast Freddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
congratulations svs. i like all the r&d u guys have put into turbo tech 4 the viper. the switch to a auto trans was a great idea 4 obvious reasons. how much boost were u guys runnin on your 9.41 second run and how much engine displacement?

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr, now don't go throwing out all that self promotion....... Jeez, only 9.40's first time....... Don't compare your car with another in your post. Just let the facts do the talking. 9.40's at 147....1st time. This car has at least another tenth or two in it on a better track with a good chassis tune. Once again, killer job svs. dj

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing how us drag racers are sticklers for details I must point out that when you say "quickest" you should say in what class. Because when you don't it means the "all out quickest" regardless of class. This is not true in this case.

Maybe saying TT would be better, but it still would not be true in this case either.

A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper.

One half second and you will be closer, but it still won't be the street car the Venom is.

Just wanted to point that out.

Not trying to take away from your work... yours may be the quickest in its class. (non N2O maybe)

I little bird told me that all the current records should fall soon anyway.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr, now don't go throwing out all that self promotion....... Jeez, only 9.40's first time....... Don't compare your car with another in your post. Just let the facts do the talking. 9.40's at 147....1st time. This car has at least another tenth or two in it on a better track with a good chassis tune. Once again, killer job svs. dj

I just wanted to speak a little about the car and let people see what it is about and explain why we did what we did. If it is a little over the top, I didn't mean it to be. PR is something for someone who is skilled at it. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back, I'm just happy. I think I've improved somewhat in my handling of internet posting. Man I used to be pretty visceral and put things into quite a defense.

A day will come for others to handle this kind of stuff. I'm more of a production manager/driver.

Thanks for keeping me in check. :2tu:

Jr.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jr. Not to take anything away .....BUT...

That seems how some are starting there posts. I am not sure of the reasons ???????????? Anyway, CONGRATS on your runs.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing how us drag racers are sticklers for details I must point out that when you say "quickest" you should say in what class. Because when you don't it means the "all out quickest" regardless of class. This is not true in this case.

Maybe saying TT would be better, but it still would not be true in this case either.

A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper.

One half second and you will be closer, but it still won't be the street car the Venom is.

Just wanted to point that out.

Not trying to take away from your work... yours may be the quickest in its class. (non N2O maybe)

I little bird told me that all the current records should fall soon anyway.

I know my post is quite long, but if you read it, you can see that I explained what it was that we accomplished. Old record (9.66 turbo No Nos 2 speed auto)New record (9.416 turbo No Nos 2 speed auto) Its funny how I was only comparing WHO it was that held the records that we beat. :rolleyes:

Class? Your right we are now in a class by ourselves (the 3925lb class V10turbo No nos) We had around 200 more pounds than the streetable Venom and we beat the record from that car by .25/ Hey ask the guy who owns that Venom if he has ran anything remotely close to that 8.93 time?

I'm quite sure that the same little bird has been flying around over here also. :2tu:

Jr.

David Jenkins

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jr, dude, you know I'm just bustin' your b's right?? It's kinda' funny how some people don't care unless it runs "the number". 9.40's at 147 not good enough for some, don't worry, I'm sure it'll get a few tenths knocked off before you know it. Believe me, if there were any 9 second cars out here, everyone would know it. Did you ever get Dinh's yellow TT finished? keep up the good work,dj.

Reaction score
I don't really understand the comparison against John H. The SVS car and the other car are completely different, built for different things. I am sure the SVS car has more in it. I am also sure that when many tuners get closer to the sub 9 second runs the bar will be raised again. Congrats to SVS. I remeber riding in the car with you father driving at Motorsport Ranch a few years back. It was great fun. A little converter action and more boost and here come the 8's.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing how us drag racers are sticklers for details I must point out that when you say "quickest" you should say in what class. Because when you don't it means the "all out quickest" regardless of class. This is not true in this case.Maybe saying TT would be better, but it still would not be true in this case either. A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper. One half second and you will be closer, but it still won't be the street car the Venom is.
Sounds like b.s. and sour grapes to me. Who are you to decide classes and what's a street car? If it's street legal, a capable of being licensed it's a street car. Period. Give me a break.

jkracer9

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only thing I question is that Ron sold me a SVS shifter but left the automatic out of the box, where is my automatic?
Great job from wide open on the salt flats and now at the 1/4 mile. The motor took a lickin and keeps on screaming.
Bring the car to Texas
Rohn

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seeing how us drag racers are sticklers for details I must point out that when you say "quickest" you should say in what class. Because when you don't it means the "all out quickest" regardless of class. This is not true in this case.Maybe saying TT would be better, but it still would not be true in this case either. A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper. One half second and you will be closer, but it still won't be the street car the Venom is.
Sounds like b.s. and sour grapes to me. Who are you to decide classes and what's a street car? If it's street legal, a capable of being licensed it's a street car. Period. Give me a break.

Street legal? Give me a break. And sour grapes? Over what? The one car that they built and you hear about? Where are all the others at? Have they even built any? All we hear about is the same car over and over.

That sure is what I want to drive on the street. Stuff all over the place and missing interior panels. A true street car :rolleyes:

If it is the "quickest" than how come a Venom has gone in the 8's?

Now back to your love-fest.........I'm done

Paolo Castellano

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper."With N20"
Jerome, I think the Venom TT V-10 Viper with N20 should have to ADD the phrase
"With N20" to its claim to fame instead of this one adding "Without N20".LOL!

==>Nitrous has nothing to do with this car! Why should they have to cheapen it with saying "No N20"?

Let's face it both are a far cry from the factory iteration of a Viper. Whether one has a few more or less interior panels is missing the point. :rolleyes:

Miles B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heh.. stuff all over the place.. who cares. Fact is, the car is HEAVIER than a street car. So if they restored it to street trim, it would go FASTER.

"Straws! Straws! I'm clutching, but I can't find you!"

Jerome Sparich

Enthusiast
Reaction score

A Venom TT is the quickest V10 Viper. Yes it is an auto just like the one stated above, but it also has a full interior. In other words a real street car. So it is in fact the quickest V10 Viper."With N20"

Jerome, I think the Venom TT V-10 Viper with N20 should have to ADD the phrase
"With N20" to its claim to fame instead of this one adding "Without N20".LOL!

==>Nitrous has nothing to do with this car! Why should they have to cheapen it with saying "No N20"?

Let's face it both are a far cry from the factory iteration of a Viper. Whether one has a few more or less interior panels is missing the point. :rolleyes:

<font color="red">Lets stick to only V10 Vipers </font>

Paolo, with all due respect, if someone claims to have "Quickest and Fastest Viper in the World " it should be just that. In this case it isn't.

If it was listed as Quickest and Fastest Viper in the World without N2O that would be a more accurate description.
Everyone is quick to point out a Viper with a S/C finally went 9's without N2O, so why not point out when a TT goes as fast and as quick as it did without N2O?

Now lets get back to the topic of SVSI and their car, I will not hijack this thread anymore.

Sorry Ron Sr. and Ron Jr.

OP
OP
S

SVS Turbo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
[/QUOTE]

<font color="red">Lets stick to only V10 Vipers </font>

Paolo, with all due respect, if someone claims to have "Quickest and Fastest Viper in the World " it should be just that. In this case it isn't.

If it was listed as Quickest and Fastest Viper in the World without N2O that would be a more accurate description.
Everyone is quick to point out a Viper with a S/C finally went 9's without N2O, so why not point out when a TT goes as fast and as quick as it did without N2O?

Now lets get back to the topic of SVSI and their car, I will not hijack this thread anymore.

Sorry Ron Sr. and Ron Jr.

[/QUOTE]

Jerome,

I can appreciate you always being the spokesperson for John H. here on the Viperclub forums. It seems that we are argueing over the fact that I posted the heading to this thread without stating that NO NOS was used? But I explained in the body of the post what was accomplished?

Interesting.

Exactly what you are complaining about on my thread is the same thing that John H. states on his web page "Home of the worlds quickest, fastest and most powerful vipers" I think that you need to practice what you are trying to preach. What's good for the goose...you know the rest.

By your standards the new heading should read:

"Home of the quickest TT NOS Viper in the 1/4 mile, fastest in the 1/4 mile only and most powerful by a dyno sheet" gimme a break and tell John to just go out and beat the time and he can promote all he needs. This whole thing is very silly and it sounds like alot of whining to me, even louder than our fuel pump. ;)

I could not fit what I wanted to say in the heading of this post. I tried just like I posted it on the alley, but realized that IT IS the quickest and the fastest V10 TT in the World........Oh.....I forgot.....WITHOUT NOS!!.

Let's just say that for explanation purposes "we are not SVS" and we are just a father and son who have worked hard to build there own TT V10 Viper. What are you going to say to that? Also take any Viper in the world that has a huge powerplant and go run 247mph at the flats, hold all the records for the mile, and now kick ass in the 1/4. All with the same engine! A freakn Gen 1. Over 3 years this engine has been in our Viper and made its accomplishments. She has some more left in her.

Customers Vipers? Well we finally are building some TT systems for customers right now. When it comes time for them to race their Stryker systems only the numbers will tell. With our research, development and testing we feel very confident in supporting every one of them. Only the track will tell. And our track record is told, if it is so easy than go and do it!

John H, DLM, Heffner, Roe, have all sold many more systems and have a much greater following than we do. We are the underdogs and Purebread is bent over the side of our engine bay :D It seems that we are the one's to poke at for whatever reasons, trying to beat us, think we are bad people, rumors, the list can go on. If ANYONE would like to CALL me and ask anything feel free.

For now, I sorta feel like I've had my head stepped on for about 2 years because of various reasons and a great weight is being lifted. For SVS it seems a little like a new beginning. C'mon just let it go. Feel the love Bro.

Jr.

repete

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerome...i have a ?

you are crying and complaining to SVS about how they dont claim in the title that it is NO NOS...but on [******]'s page..they say home of the quickest, fastest, and most powerful vipers
and as i recall..i dont remember any [******] running 247mph..

ok on another note...AWESOME job SVS

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score
nice work svs. Now if you can come up with a less expensive kit that has some compromises I think you could sell a whole bunch more. But for me I want the stage 3 all the way. Nice work, you guys are true pioneers.