1996 18 inch wheels?

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm thinking about doing a big brake kit, but I love the wheels on my '96 GTS and hate to loose the factory look. I spoke to Colorado Custom Wheels about making a set of 18 inch wheels that look like my stockers. I was quoted approximately 750.00 per front and 800.00 per rear. The only catch is that there is a 3,000.00 set up fee for one off wheels. Does anyone else have any interest in this project to help defer the setup costs? I'm Just curious if anyone else would like to see these wheels in 18's.
Doc

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I could see some interest in it but you are going to have to get the word out. Contact John Purner (386) 258-0083, (888) 577-0144 www.CCWheel.com for another price. John is a popular and well-known choice in the Viper community.

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
Thanks for the input. I just found out that Colorado Custom will not make a wheel wider than 12 inches so they are out of the game plan. I'll see what Mr. purner has to say.
Doc

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd be interested in the stock looking 1996 wheels in an 18" size!!

Actually, make sure they are also suitable for the track! I would want mine powdercoated Silver.

I've got a 1996 RT.

Let me know what you find out!

Lance

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I talked to John a year ago about this very thing. As I recall it was doable for a reasonable price. My own preference would be to have more width in the front wheel to accommodate a 315.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am very interested also. I would imagine they would be made stronger and lighter than the stock wheels also!
Please update with any news from John.

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for that much money i would try to buy a set of 99 wheels.
And get used to the look. If you don't like them you can always sell them.

Max

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Things are in the works. I'll report back when I have more info. I know this seems like a lot of trouble for a set of wheels but I really do like the looks of my stockers.
Doc

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Guys,
Just got off the phone with John Purner. The cost of a blank of aluminum for the rear wheels is 1442.00. Then a program has to be written to cut the wheels on a machine. The machine time is about 600.00 dollars a wheel. As you can see the costs are getting pretty steep to have these wheels made. An even bigger problem is that John thinks the wheels will have to be strengthened in certain areas due to the grain pattern of the aluminum, resulting in a wheel that is heavier than stock. I am not interested in adding more weight to my wheels. Oh well, it was worth a try.
Doc