Macedo Motorsports New Arrival

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just found out today that we'll be receiving our new Dynojet Dynomometer in about (2) weeks if all goes as planned. I spent quite a bit of time researching dyno's and their equipment made the most sense. After the installation is complete, we'll sponsor a Dyno Day and Open House for anyone wanting to attend. Chris Napalitano (TFAST4U) gave me some great ideas regarding prizes and such, so we'll keep everyone posted as to what time and the date of the event.

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Larry .....will it be similar to the Ohio dyno we used, where it can track the amount of boost vs A/F and plot it to see HP and torque at different RPM levels.

Congrats on the large investment ...it will be a valuable asset for R & D to get ultimate HP for each and every customer of yours.

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks guys!
It'll be good to finally meet you on Wednesday, Jason. I'll bring my scanner and road test your car to figure out your driveability issue.
The pressure transducer and a few other options will soon follow, Ward. Those options are available through another company other than dynojet. I plan on purchasing those options though. The dyno we used in Ohio was a portable, Ward. The dyno we just purchased is above-ground which will give us yet another lift to use at the shop.
That's too funny about Chris, Chuck! He's scheduled to drive up after the dyno is installed so that we can extract a few more ponies from that killer Viper of his.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the tampa guys said he was coming to lakeland tonight with another guy in a zr1 looking for a race, should be interesting if lees has his blue btr rocket out, last week he had kumhos on it so it may be a good race...

is joe MFers car done yet?

S

SUN RA KAT

Darn! Why does Florida have to be so far away from Ohio?

Congrats, Larry! :2tu:

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe was going to drop his car one day last week, but had some business issues to deal with regarding the shooting of a parts vehicle he owns and that understandably took top priority. I'm sure his Viper will end up here sooner or later. When I get the dyno up and running, we need to tweek your car, Matt.

poweradded

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the shooting of a parts vehicle? like the driver or just the truck? thats fugged up. do you know if chris is headed to lakeland tonight?

put me down for the dyno day, any day buy saturday im there

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you move to Florida, Kenny, you can drive that yellow beast 365 days a year without the aid of spikes or chains. :)

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the shooting of a parts vehicle? like the driver or just the truck? thats fugged up. do you know if chris is headed to lakeland tonight?

put me down for the dyno day, any day buy saturday im there

I have no idea, Matt. I spoke to Chris a few days ago and he didn't mention anything, but that doesn't mean it's not possible.

The parts truck was shot up from what I understood. Go figure...

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you move to Florida, Kenny, you can drive that yellow beast 365 days a year without the aid of spikes or chains . :)

Larry ...I think Kenny does not practice any S&M while he drives his Viper :D .

Cudaman :usa:

S

SUN RA KAT

If you move to Florida, Kenny, you can drive that yellow beast 365 days a year without the aid of spikes or chains. :)

I'm getting into the Goth look. there's a Tatoo/Body Piercing Exposition going on right now at the Dayton Convention Center. Be There or be Bare! I'm gonna get me so many spikes and chains that I can lay down and roll through the snow! :eek: :rolleyes: :D :2tu: :headbang:

Yeah, right.

itsstock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Larry,

Congratulations on the growth of your shop! I was curious as to why you chose a Dynojet? Did you look at other manufacturers of dynamometers? Can you "steady state" test?The Dynojet data acquisition can not record boost/vacuum?

Just curious,

Jim

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello Jim,

I wanted to purchase the Dyno Dynamics System, but at the price of $103,000.00 it was a bit of a stretch for me finacially. Since the Dynojet is the industry standard, I chose that unit because of quality and price. The Eddy Current function will soon be released so steady state testing will be in our near future. The Vacuum/Boost pressure transducer and it's software is not part of the package, although I believe it's available through an alternate source.

itsstock

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out at SEMA and saw some very impressive systems. The lack of load feed back, ancient data acquisition and almost smooth roller surface from the Dyno Dynamics System turned me off. Also I was nervous about getting customer support from Australia.

The two systems I am debating between is the SuperFlow and Land & Sea. I know SuperFlow has a decent product (pricey though), but the Land & Sea software and controls just blew me away! Did you consider either of these systems??

OP
OP
L

Larry Macedo

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was out at SEMA and saw some very impressive systems. The lack of load feed back, ancient data acquisition and almost smooth roller surface from the Dyno Dynamics System turned me off. Also I was nervous about getting customer support from Australia.

I spoke with their US rep several times and was going to make the trip to look at the product, but thought better given the pricing.

The two systems I am debating between is the SuperFlow and Land & Sea. I know SuperFlow has a decent product (pricey though), but the Land & Sea software and controls just blew me away! Did you consider either of these systems??

We have a Superflow in town and that brand was one of my choices, but there again the price was out of my range. I spoke to a representative @ Land and Sea a while back and he seemed put off by discussing their product in depth. Maybe he was having a bad day...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper