Will a "fully" modified Gen 3 ever beat a fully modified Gen 2?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will a \"fully\" modified Gen 3 ever beat a fully modified Gen 2?

Some of the performance (1/4 mile, ect) numbers posted by owners of highly modified Gen 2 cars are simply amazing. Will the Gen 3 with the same (or similar) modifications ever match these numbers?

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will a \"fully\" modified Gen 3 ever beat a fully modified Gen 2?

Is the Pope catholic?

Does a bear **** in the woods?

Stay tuned - there's monsters in the oven and more waiting in line for baking soon.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Will a

the mopar cam, engine controller, and cc ehaust will add 40-50hp, and K & N has filter/intake coming(10-15hp), and only spending a few thousand to have 550-560 hp that would be a heavily moded gen I or II in a car that a little more than a hundred lighter. Then there is THE BRAKES. another story altogether youd have to spend 5-10k to get similar brakes in a gen I or II. so make your own judgements, dont forget the hands and feet of the driver, the most subjective part of this equation.

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the mopar cam, engine controller, and cc ehaust will add 40-50hp, and K & N has filter/intake coming(10-15hp), and only spending a few thousand to have 550-560 hp that would be a heavily moded gen I or II in a car that a little more than a hundred lighter. Then there is THE BRAKES. another story altogether youd have to spend 5-10k to get similar brakes in a gen I or II. so make your own judgements, dont forget the hands and feet of the driver, the most subjective part of this equation.

I think the obvious advatage will be in the top speed of the Gen 3. As cool as our "clown shoe" Vipers are, the aerodynamics are pretty bad.

Yves

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Current GenIIs are the result of years and years of research and experiments of enthusiasts.
What the GenIII needs is some time in the hands of tuning gurus.
Think its gonna get ugly !

Viper Specialty

Legacy/Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Heres a Spin on the topic:

"The speed of your car is only limited by the thickness of your pocketbook"
-Daniel Lesser

Basically, it all comes down to what Body-Style the richest guy likes...then that will become the fastest car. Its that simple.

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-Daniel Lesser

Basically, it all comes down to what Body-Style the richest guy likes...then that will become the fastest car. Its that simple.

yip.

M. ROD

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I think the obvious advatage will be in the top speed of the Gen 3. As cool as our "clown shoe" Vipers are, the aerodynamics are pretty bad.

The GTS is not that bad:

GTS => 0.35cd
SRT-10 => 0.40cd(top up)

Ford's Arizona Proving grounds 5-mile oval track(0.84-mile straights):

1998 GTS => 192.6mph
2003 SRT => 182mph(Track Limited)

The SRT needs longer straights.

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Without a doubt, the SRT's will be running the exact same speeds as the Gen 2 cars in a matter of no time.

The norm for new cars is at least 3-4 years before they get up to speed, but since the SRT underneath is almsot identical to Gen 2 vipers when it comes to drivetrain all the Gen 2 components should be retrofited quickly.

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score

Gotta say that the article in the current M/T tested a motor modified SRT with stock suspension and Stock STREET Tires. It went zero - 60 quicker than ANY other car on street tires they have ever tested, including the AWD supercars. :2tu:

On street tires it seems the SRT-10 is more capable to get awesome traction, both in braking and accel. Power is one part of the equation but a platform to use it is also a big factor and SRT-10 is strong in both

OP
OP
G

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Gotta say that the article in the current M/T tested a motor modified SRT with stock suspension and Stock STREET Tires. It went zero - 60 quicker than ANY other car on street tires they have ever tested, including the AWD supercars. :2tu:

It is hard to argue with this one.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score

-Daniel Lesser

Exactly!!!

So far, i dare to say that would be our yellow friend in California.. a guy by the name of Treynor.
I think he has put as much as you can into a viper. (performance wise, not radio/tv,etc.)
At one point he was at or over 1000hp :eek:
Not sure how much bling he put into his beast but had to be more than most.

KepRght

Enthusiast
Reaction score

the car is amazing stock.... Wait till the $$$$$ gets spent

You must be registered for see images

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads