Results from new 2002 with Supercharger and NOS, 700 RWHP & 800 RWHP

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
Just wanted to share our results from yesterday's dyno tests.
We added forged pistons, upgraded cam and ported heads to 2002 Final Edition car #107 and began tuning it in yesterday. Once tuned in close, we started working on the NOS dry kit we configured. We used the VEC2 to fire the NOS as well as richen the mixture and reduce timing advance at the same time. The car has a conservative tune on it, running a steady 11.8:1 on blower and 10.8:1 on NOS (thanks to Tom and Tony for the tips on using NOS).

You must be registered for see images

Regards,
Sean

PS. Forgot to mention, we ran 8.5 psi boost and had no boost creep with the ported heads (stock valve sizes).

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congrats,
Can you give me a ballpark how much to do this to a 96? I assune I wouldn't need the forged pistons.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's awesome Sean. :2tu: Questions:

1) Am I correct that the blower-only setup was still unintercooled? If so, and given your comment about no boost creep with the heads, do you think it might be possible to get to ~800 rwhp with the intercooler and a smaller pulley?

2) It looks like a lot of the NOS setup is hidden under the cowl--is that right? And with the VEC2 controlling the NOS, how much does the driver have to do to arm/use the system?

Methinks we're going to see a Roe blown car in the 9's soon. Great job!

S

SUN RA KAT

Holy Moley! :2tu:

What would be a ballpark figure to change my creampuff to forged pistons, new cam, ported heads, new fuel injectors, bigger fuel pump, and whatever else I would need. I'm not going to do NOS - it will remain a street Viper (and probably an almost daily driver car). And what would the estimated labor costs and time be?

And what gains would you expect with the intercooler and projected ready date?

I probably would be doing this in 2005 or 2006 because I'm sending my daughter through college and money is tight for such a nice project until then.

BTW - Did I say Holy Moley!?

BTW#2 - What are the chances of this set up passing emission testing?

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great going Sean!

It will be interesting to see how an otherwise stock creampuff does with a 5psi setup, 100 shot, and the VECII.

-Dean.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great going Sean!

It will be interesting to see how an otherwise stock creampuff does with a 5psi setup, 100 shot, and the VECII.

-Dean.

Great work Sean !!!

Dean
I did one with a totally stock engine, headers/exhaust, throttle bodies, 5psi, no cats, 93 octane, custom system jetted 85 horse power.

before : 570hp, 587tq
after : 677hp, 760tq
Get ya sum o that :)

OP
OP
S

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks guys. She's a fun car to drive.

Yes, it has full B&B exhaust, Jesel 1.7 rocker arms and 70 mm throttle bodies.

It has a single # 065 NOS brand jet in it with 4 degrees timing pulled out and 15 % more fuel enrichment at the time the nitrous kicks in.

I just got back from running the car at the new facility.
The car is very fast. We put the VEC2 inside the car so we could drive and change to the NOS card whiole driving. From there, everything happens automatically. The remote bottle opener and master buttons are in the ashtray and the purge button is under the cigarette lighter (push in the ligher to purge).

This motor is not intercooled. It could probably run more boost and make more power if it was. But, the intercooler is not ready yet.

We took video of the testing today and may see if we can get it loaded up somehow.

Regards,
Sean

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sean,

Great numbers. That 15% enrichment worked out perfect.....!!

It is important though to note that the nitrous tune is different than the non-nitrous tune and GREAT care must be taken to insure that enrichment takes place when the nitrous is activated.

Give me a call if you want another 100 Ft Pounds of Rear Wheel Torque.

Tom

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great going Sean!

-Dean.

Me too!! :eek:

Snakester

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great going Sean!

-Dean.

I did one with a totally stock engine, headers/exhaust, throttle bodies, 5psi, no cats, 93 octane, custom system jetted 85 horse power.

before : 570hp, 587tq
after : 677hp, 760tq
Get ya sum o that :)

Thanks Tony! :cool:

I'm still saving my pennies up. :D

-Dean.

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where should i start from , first i have to thank sean,words wont justify you or your work and more important you! as a kind class man to work with, and all Roe Racing crew a big thanks from me. Also i have to thank Bill Pemberton at woodhouse, what a great man too, usually the dealers sell you the car and then its all done, but Bill contacted me several times after i bought my FE, helping me in many ways without even me asking him, so ask me what im thinking now :p answering you , why not a RAM/SRT with Roe S/C :laugh: or maybe SRT/10 with Roe S/c oh wait :shocked: maybe a comp coupe who knows, i just know for sure when i want to upgrade my car i will call Sean :2tu: , and when i want to buy a car i will call Bill. :2tu:

Someone asked me if i can post the deference in shape and weight between the Jesle and T&D rockers here it is the first one (T&D)

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Simms....KB finally released the s/c for the Ram ??? How is it performing ?

Tony, the KB on my truck is for the 360 Magnum. Its been on the truck for 3 years now. You might have misread my sig for it being a Hemi, which I am pretty sure is out now. I know the KB for the hemi was delayed for some reason, but I have seen pics of a few trucks with it now.

The KB on my 360 made a huge increase in torque. Combined with 4.56 gears, I can spin 40" boggers easily. Their kits are real nice though. My setup came with auxilary injectors, optimizer computer to control everything, knock sensor that lets the computer automaticly retard timing incase of detonation, and a blow off valve to release excess boost.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper