What a Bad Viper Day. Could I ever get a Break!

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ok first of all picked up my 01 RT/10 from the dealer today and they didnt fix the horn since they couldnt find it and didnt fix my heating and ended up paying $100 for them to look at it. went and got a hand wash for the friday night outing and got nailed with a speeding ticket for doing 80mph in a 50. just cant seem to get a break here. always seems like everyone is out to get me ever since i bought this snake.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
01 horn easier to find...look on outside of frame rail in left front wheelwell.

Don't know your heater problem...but if it fails to respond to control knob, check the wire loop at the end of the cable as it connects to the heater(very back of the engine bay on right side)as this often times pops off of the hook on the heater activation lever.

SWITCH dealers !!! Call Chuck Tator !!!

rich v.

Viper Owner
Reaction score
i feel your pain, i've been pulled over 4 times in the first month that i have owned mine. twice for racing and twice because it is a viper.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dimitrios- We all have had bad days from time to time. You need to take the car to a Viper Friendly dealership. I recommend that you e-mail Joe Oneto, the club president for NY and CT. He can advise you where locally to take your car. I have had great experience with Chuck Tator. It is way out of my way. But it beats the frustration your going through right now. If Chuck is backed up with work then Joe may be able to help you with plan B. Joe's e-mail addy is [email protected]

Good luck. :)

Hot Rod

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You're not far from Chuck Tator in South Salem, NY. I wouldn't take it anywhere else. You will not be disappointed in the service provided by the "Wizard".

I must be taking it too easy or CT police have better things to do. Haven't been pulled over once since ownership.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a bummer. Just watch your speed when you are in the main areas of town. If there are too many cops around, you should consider taking the vehicle out to some isolated roads for some "spirited" driving.

Finally got it !

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Dimitrios, I live in CT and work in woodside Ny. If you need a lift to Tators to drop off the baby then just e-mail. I work in Queens five days a week and pass Chuck,s on the Meritt parkway on my way home.
Rob S

OP
OP
D

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey Rob....im gonna take you up on that offer if i cant get a rent a car by chucks place to drive back to queens and back. i just need to get off my butt and make an appointment with him.