I just beat Bobby Archer....

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
out of his car. That's right folks, Elvis has left the building. The fat lady has sung. The cats out of the bag. Stick a fork in me I am done. I finally decided on a track car and it is Bobby Archer's black GTS # 32. SCCA T1 and VRL GT-2 legal. Balanced and blueprinted engine and transmission,Koni's(ACR), quaiffe diff, full cage, fire suppression, Sparco seat, new harnesses,brake ducting,three sets of wheels, all freshened up and ready to race.
I want to thank everyone who responded to my thread as everyone gave very good advise. I know there is more than one way to skin a cat and I did take every ones opinion to heart. For me it boiled down to two things: (1) I wanted to be as safe as possible(especially after hearing of Henry Cone's rollover). (2) Knowing that I am suffering from OCD, I felt like I would always be asking myself what else I needed to do to the car and end up spending lots of money in the end. By buying this car I am done with the upgrades( Bobby says everything that can be done Legally has been done). I also figure if anyone can set up a Viper correctly it would be Bobby. Bobby also felt that a GT-1 car would be much more expensive to maintain than a GT-2 car.
Now, it's not as pretty as Janni's Patriot (I still can't believe I let that car slip through my fingers)but Bobby thinks it may be a little faster(at least with him driving). I do expect that when all of you fast guys lap me while I'm still in the learning phase that you will at least wave to me as you go by. See ya at the track.
Doc

Hoosier Daddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wise choice for a track vehicle. Very well done. Only kink in the armor on that car is that it lost twice to Corvettes in the SCCA Final runoffs in Ohio.

NDW

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good for you Doc! Looking forward to seeing you at MSR on the 10th. Is this an early Christmas present to yourself?

Sonny 00 GTS ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations - fine choice!

2921MO.jpg

29219MO.jpg

I know that's the #10 not the 32, but it's still a cool shot.

2924.jpg

29223MO.jpg

Bobby on the right gaining spots.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job, Doc. Being a T1 legal car opens up a lot of track opportunities for you, too.

I would really like to see more folks run prepped cars in the Challenge Series at Viper Days. Some of those guys are going so fast - fast as the racers - without any of the safety equipment.

Wise decision!

Jerry Walker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Doc, now its your turn to give me a ride in your new GTS. did you think it would come this far ,after our first meeting ?

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jerry,
I never even dreamed I'd be a two Viper owner. I am truly blessed. I will never own a car that you are not welcome to drive or ride in. You name the time and the place and I'm there.

Newt, Yes christmas and bithday all rolled into one. Looking forward to seeing you at MSR on the 10th. I think my daughter is going to come and take some driving instruction from Bobby too.
Doc

LETHAL GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
" I do expect that when all of you fast guys lap me while I'm still in the learning phase that you will at least wave to me as you go by. See ya at the track."

I think you're the one that will be waving. Good luck, I know you'll be having a blast.

I wish it was me :2tu:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think my daughter is going to come and take some driving instruction from Bobby too.

In the future it may not be wise to mention that you have a daughter old enough to drive, especially if you post on the Alley. :)

OP
OP
D

Doc.

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
All I usually have to do is tell the guys that she looks just like her dad and they always run the other way.
Doc

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chuck,
All I usually have to do is tell the guys that she looks just like her dad and they always run the other way.
Doc

Wise move. Perhaps in the future you should refer to her as "my daughter who looks exactly like me..." That should keep most the hounds away.

But I aint falling for it. PICS!!!

:)

Viperloth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey! I think that's me riding shotgun with Bobby. I know firsthand that the #32 car is BAD fast. I've been whooped by it many, many times. Congratulations on a great purchase, and I look forward to racing against you next season! :2tu: