Moving to Cleveland

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The Cleveland and northern Ohio area is home to alot of Vipers. The Ohio VCA puts on some pretty good events. There are alot of performance minded owners in the area and
V10MOJO and others can fill you in. Downside, it is winter in Ohio.

Rich Wesorick

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're a track rat, it's not a bad place to be. Nelson Ledges is less than a hour, BeaveRun and Mid-Ohio are under 2 hours, and Gingerman, Putnam Park, Watkins Glen are all under 6 hours.

kgrif

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Well the weather will be a big change for a Dallas boy and not to the good I am afraid! Been raining here and shi*$y for two solid days. Can't do anything but play with your snake in the garage! Well, you know what I mean!

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
anyone near cleveland putting down 600rwhp or higher? a friend of mine is always talking smack about his 911 turbo. need someone to put him in his place.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been a bad week in Ohio. Punks from MI won,( they need Ohio players to do that) Pittsburgh beat Browns, Cav's haven't won the last 30 road games! Northern Ohio builds character!!! Anyone can have a winning sports team or good weather. Actually, Cleveland and NE Ohio are a pretty good location. Lots to do, anything to you need is within 50 miles. No traffic compared to other cities its size. PS> If you haven't decided on a home, stay west and south of the lake. It's a different climate 10 miles from the lake and to the west= far less snow and more sun.
Ohio VCA is active. We'll be planning our Holiday Party for Jan. Lots of racers in Ohio, Lots of competition events. We host the Viper Nationals. We do some cruises, car shows and go to the plant in March. send an e-mail to Sam Goldfarb, >[email protected]< our secretary and get on the Ohio VCA newsletter. I'm in Akron, contact me if you need anything.

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent:
Maybe I can help you out, email me the details.

1 Bad Snake:
One of the biggest assets that Ohio has is Lake Erie, if you enjoy water sports, fishing or pleasure boating you will like NE Ohio. If you fall in that category you may want to pick a location that has good lake access.

As far as auto sports, there are five dragstrips located within two hours and another three within three hours. Rich mentioned the track access, in addition, you can competitively autocross every week during the spring/summer/fall.

Joe Bliss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi 1 Bad Snake
Welcome to Ohio and the neighborhood.
I live in Hinckley which is next door to Strongsville (mallville) and Medina. The best thing about Ohio winter is you have plenty of time to prep the car for next year. Send me a note when you get to town and we'll roll out the welcome mat.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
1BAD, Check out Medina, very nice place to live, great downtown with good food and drink, also, a couple of Vipers already there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper