Daytime Running Lights

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Page 61 of the Owner's manual says that the fog lights can be set to be turned on or off with the ignition switch by the dealer. Canadian Vipers are set to the on position and US cars are shipped in the off position. It apparently is done in the Body Control Module. My dealer has not been able to turn my on. If you have a maintenance manual or know how to turn them on could you post the procedure so I can take it to my dealer. Has anyone had theirs turned either on or off?

I would like to get them set to the on position when I take my Viper in for the light switch recall.

Thanks.

Howard

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's mentioned in the service manual as being a US option but no explanation on how to turn it on.

Black SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's mentioned in the service manual as being a US option but no explanation on how to turn it on.

OP
OP
H

HowardBJr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I was finally able to get my daytime running lights turned on. I got my Viper from Woodhouse and they were unable to help last spring after I called them several times. Chesterfield Dodge in Midlothian, VA is my local dealer and they were also unable to turn them on after Woodhouse failed to figure our the procedure. However, when I took it in for the recall, Chesterfield Dodge was successful this time after making about 20 calls to get the procedure. My customer service representative is Ross Simmons 1-(800) 339-0537 if you're interested in getting yours turned on.

They charged me $37.50 to turn them on. My insurance company, USAA, gives a $35/year discount for having them turned on, so I'll get my money back in a year. I don't know how many insurance companies give this discount.

Howard Burnette

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper