Is there a maximum speed with Hard-Top on??

Heysie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm planning on going to Germany on Sunday and there are some places there where is no speed-limit. So can I go flat out with the Hard-Top on?

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you do 175+? I have heard there are flat out tracks for that purpose but I haven't been able to find any web sites.

NOTTDADZ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From what I've heard the hard tops are good to maximum speeds, A friend of mine has had his 99 RT-10 at 180 with no problems.

I've had my soft top up to 150 with no problems. I think all the stories you hear about the top flying off, happened to gen 1.

fast?

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya but the noises the soft top makes at any speed over 140 is kind of scary.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where did you do 175+? I have heard there are flat out tracks for that purpose but I haven't been able to find any web sites.

Well yes, there are flat out tracks, like an abandoned 9 mile oval in SW Texas. And it is illegal to travel those speeds on public highways while going to the abandoned 9 mile oval. Even if it's out in the middle of nowhere SW Texas where a guy could go for miles and miles without seeing a soul. It is still illegal and highly discouraged.

Sorry, misread the title of this thread. Thought you were asking something else...
Thinking of how fast you drove to the ol' lady's place huh?

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've done 130 in my Gen1 with the hard top on and windows in, really scary. I wouldn't do that again. Thought the top was history a couple of times, but it stayed in place.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Well yes, there are flat out tracks, like an abandoned 9 mile oval in SW Texas. And it is illegal to travel those speeds on public highways while going to the abandoned 9 mile oval. Even if it's out in the middle of nowhere SW Texas where a guy could go for miles and miles without seeing a soul. It is still illegal and highly discouraged.

Ahhhh. ;) ;) Wink wink; nudge nudge; say no more, say no more ;) ;)