2004 Viper SRT10 Issues

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if the current 04 Viper SRT10's have any outstanding issues like the "Hesitation On throttle Tip-In TSB" ot the Headlight flickering problem? Was there not also a "cooling module" problem that Dodge had addressed?
Except for the heat in the cabin issue, would all these other items still apply to a current (Oct 04 manufactured) Viper? thanks for your response. Fred

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I also do not have any problems. i have a silver o4. but i do notice that i have to close the drivers door a certin way or the window catches on the top. i guess its a timing adjustment.

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Headlight flicker was fixed on all '04s. Steering recall was only for cars produced BEFORE mid July 2003.

I suspect that the throttle adjstment was fixed on '04 computers, as well.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What is the throttle adjustment mentioned above? First I have heard of such.

Steve-Indy

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
AS ROADRUNNER recently posted:

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I checked with my local dealer recently... There is a TSB out with the following title:

It's for the 2003MY Viper V-10:
18-035-03 HESITATION ON THROTTLE TIP-IN AFTER PROLONGED CLOSED THROTTLE

It reflashes the engine controller with all prior updates and an update to "De-Bog" your bog... and it updates the part number to 04865501AI (The AI part is the important part). Go get it if you need it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hope this helps.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From a couple of the posts above, it seems as if there is STILL a problem with closing the doors with the windows up - I'm guessing there STILL is a timing issue with the lowering of the window automatically when the door is closed?

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't think it's a timing issue, but a fit issue with the soft top, the 'number one' bow, and the glass. It was explained on this board a while ago that the glass 'learns' the up position. If the number one bow (the metal track with the seal attached between the header and the #2 bow) is too high, then the glass will still be too high even when it drops 1/4 inch when opening or closing the door. Mine catches on the fabric of the top (passenger side only). I want to lower the bow myself, I don't trust the dealers to make a fine adjustment on a system they know nothing about. The larger dealer Viper techs might have done this, but not my local guys. Anyone here have experience with an adjustment? If the smart-glass works as explained, then adjusting the glass downward would have no effect as it would find a new upper limit the next time the window was closed.

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I still have the problem with it hitting the pillar, and REAL loud when it does. If I pull down on the door when closing, it doesn't hit. Certainly don't want anyone taking off the door panel, because you all know it will never go on the same again --- for some reason mechanics won't replace the fasteners that get stripped when removing. They usually just slam the panel back on and hope for the best.

I'll continue to hold the door down slightly unless someone answers the question posed above.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No problems noted here. Could not even trick the window by raising with the door open.

Definitely had the bog, as was indicated in the bog thread. Just did not make the connection with "throttle adjustment."

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick fix: I cut a vacuum cleaner belt and stuffed it up in the channel. The door now closes perfect every time! I know this isn't a permanent solution, but it's invisible and it works. I think I'll replace the belt with some felt.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper