Low profile hard top

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen very few pictures of them, but I think they are cool. I know one of Jay Leno's Vipers had one. The hard top has an ultra low profile with no double bubble look. The think looks so low it seems you head would touch the roof the entire time driving.

Do any of you know the top I am refering to and if they can still be had?

Thanks,

Jeff

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
this has been a topic before(do a search), the top you are thinking of requires that you remove the pad from the front of the sport cap to put the top on if i am correct(looks very unfinished w/ the top off). I do not think that this top is made any more only place i ever see it is in the older HRE wheel add in Viper mag.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is likely you were looking at a TGF top. Very low and smooth, no double- bubble. Unfortunately, they no longer make the top. It was Aluminum, like $3500?

Only smooth top out now is the Northwind top. You can go to Northwind site to see their top.

OP
OP
J

Jeff Lemke

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. Yes that top is used in the old HRE ad on the black car. I hate the idea of unbolting the pad all of the time. Its a wonder someone has not made anything similiar with better ease of use.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave