So I wanted to see what a steel grey SRT would look like....

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Started the steel grey car this morning and it's now finished. I'm pretty happy how it turned out.

You must be registered for see images

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am impressed Craig! I am always frustrated that, as a Steel Gray RT/10 owner, there are no models in that color. How did you do that? Looks very nice.

My RT/10 has factory spec stripes (silver) on it. How bout' doing a RT/10 up for me (2000) ? :)

Mark

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there were several graphite gray SRT prototypes made, actually one was at the factory when i picked up my '01 in April of '01, shipped to some very high up Daimler exec as his personal vehicle.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am impressed Craig! I am always frustrated that, as a Steel Gray RT/10 owner, there are no models in that color. How did you do that? Looks very nice.

My RT/10 has factory spec stripes (silver) on it. How bout' doing a RT/10 up for me (2000) ? :)

Mark

I strip the original factory paint with a sandblaster right down to the metal. I then wash the bare metal and then give it a couple coats of grey primer. After that I sand it smooth and wash the car again. Then I apply a couple coats of the color with an airbrush. After the color has dried I give it a couple coats of clearcoat to give the car some shine as well as protect the paint.

I am actually in the process of building a GEN 2 RT/10 for a Viper owner in NY. This is a pretty involved process with swapping the hood and facia so it is correct. Unfortunately no one makes wheels that are similar to the 99+ salad bowl wheels. If you are interested in having one done in the future I can and will do it. If you are interested shoot me an email at [email protected] I don't want to seem like I'm advertising or anything like that!

Craig

H8TOW8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ever seen a Steel Gray RT/10 by chance? Love to pick one up and add stripes.

OP
OP
C

Craig 201 MPH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got the email and replied. I've never seen a steel grey RT from the factory. It seems you can get 96 and down colors. It's a shame they stopped making newer models.

VOI9 ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Craig

How is the Comp Coupe coming? Have you had any luck with it yet?

TK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I believe there is either a steel grey or graphite SRT on page 29 of the "DODGE VIPER SRT-10: THE OFFICIAL STORY" book?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave