How do you like your SRT10? Looks? performance? fit finish?

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am just curious on how you guys like your Gen3. Should I get the SRT10 or a 911 Turbo or 360 Modena? I want to keep my GTS and in the future I am debating over what car would most fun. I still think the SRT10 is the best bang for the buck! Your input would be great.

Thanks, Kenric

642rwhp
814rwt GTS

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I test drove a 911 cab turbo and the srt. As you can see i took the srt and saved some cash and have better performance as well. Top down weather is coming soon. Be ready for that sun.

vd..

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Three fantastic cars to choose from. If you enjoy your GTS's performance, and enjoy the Viper experience, then your choice is obvious. Viper is best value, has most accessable dealership network, best warranty, and a convertable to boot. Porche is great car, but pricy. Modena is hard to service.

To answer your question. I loved my 96 GTS, and appreciate the vast improvements made in the SRT.
Be careful with the Modena. A larger engined version is just around the corner, which usually depresses resale value.
Go with the Viper!!!

CHAD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Revamped Modena in MY 2006 - not only larger engine with increased output but also a style makeover. Personally I think it will depress the current Modena's resale DRASTICALLY. The Ferrari guys can't be seen driving around in the "old" model, until they become classics. Usually, the newest model is the must have, the previous model is instantly old news and the model before that becomes a "classic."

Chad

OP
OP
K

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the info and advice! I think I am leaning towards the SRT10 I hope that in '05 they have Yellow. Yellow on the SRT would look show stoping.

Kenric

GTSREDDOG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they announce a yellow SRT in 05 I will get one for sure. I like the gen 2 looks A LOT better but I just cant seem to find a SOLID yellow 02 GTS that is brand new (meaning 20 miles or less) Anyone know where one is BRAND NEW????

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fit and finish is better than previous Vipers, but still not in the same class with an Audi, BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari, Toyota, Lexus etc. I have dash rattles and a passenger door that just plain doesn't fit. Ever see an $80K+ car you had to push on the glass to get the passengers door to shut? The Conner Ave guys need more quality training on the Stuttgart production lines. Then again, most first year American cars are like this.... But no one can argue your other two questions, Power and Performance are AWESOME.

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Viperfreak2.
The dash rattle is covered by a TSB. Just had mine fixed at dealer. Now nice and quiet again. Had a rattle in exhaust. Also quickly fixed.

Still not a lexus....My LEXUS SC430, with metal convertable roof squeeked, rattled, and had wind noise at the window/top junction. Door speakers rattled/vibrated, and top sometimes did not operate smoothly, and clunked when finishing it's cycle. Maybe the new lexus is not perfect either. (but you're right, it was still higher quality than Viper.)
Sold Lexus because it was booring.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm concerned about letting the dealer do the dash rattle TSB. They said they would need to "open up the whole dash" and would need the car for a full day! I can only guess which gauge or switch won't be working after they finish. I usually keep the stereo up loud enough to not hear it, but when someone else is in the car, wow.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I guess its just luck of the draw. I currently own a sc430 and a srt 10 and have no issues.

I use the lex for everyday travel to work and its great. 300 hp and very very smooth ride, I would only trade it for a sl500 or sl600

vd..