Gas Cap Cover Peeling

Venom 1000TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The one corner of my 1996's Chrome gas cap cover is peeling, like it was clear coated. So I took it off & took it to my local paint shop & he said it's a process not painted. I think he said they are annodized & he can't fix it. So I looked into buyng a new one & that costs $339.00. :shocked: Does anyone have any ideas or other options for me that would be cheaper? Thanks!

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Replace it with a MGW that look incredible!!!

P.S.

Bring Your car to the V-10 Nationals! 9.52 will bring home some nice awards!

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
one our ours members brought a car with it already chrome plated, its a real gem. Mine has already been replaced under warranty (must be costing Dodge a small fortune) I'll be going the chrome plated route next time around.

the laquar lifts and the alloy can be quite pourous, so its hard to get a good polished surface

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the MGW gas cap cover for 549.00. It looks awesome with the blue sneaky pete logo.

Ratech

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can take it to a local plating shop. They can strip it and apply new annodize. Check your local yellow pages or talk to the local street rod folks to find a shop in your area.

YouWish

Enthusiast
Reaction score
actually they are only 395.00 but anyway do what he said!!! :eek:

george
My bad. I meant I would be willing to pay 549.00 for your gas cap cover. It is awesome!!!

Rare1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had mine "stripped", polished and then clearcoated! It looks perfect!

Mikael

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kevsmu4