Auto Week Quote about Viper / Corvette

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Read this in Autoweek, I'm sure you guys would like it. Its a letter someone sent in..

"Fascinating to me that C5 owners whined about "snow performance" when judging their vettes tires. Can you imagine Viper owners doing that? That demographic gulf illustrates another difference between these two sports cars. When a majority of Corvettes come with automatics and the owners talk about snow performance, the mantle "America's sports car" has clearly been passed to the Viper."

My business partner is driving his automatic c5 vette around in the snow all week by the way, so this made me laugh. I love corvettes though, its a dumb argument back and forth. I just hate how those guys on corvette forums actually say "I would never want a Viper, they are horrible and ugly".

NOMERCY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hate how those guys on corvette forums actually say "I would never want a Viper, they are horrible and ugly".

Don't let the comments of a few represent the opinion of the many. Most of the comments are positive.

OP
OP
C

ChrisXoxide

Enthusiast
Reaction score
"Don't let the comments of a few represent the opinion of the many. Most of the comments are positive. "

Very well said.

On the same note, I don't see why corvettes take such a beating by Viper owners. There seems to be much controversy between both cars, despite them being very similar.