93 battery location

Timmer

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I know that the early 93's had an access panel in the trunk to access the battery but does anyone know what vin # was the cutoff for this? I have to go replace a battery tomorrow and need to know if I have to plan on jacking the car up or not.

Thanks

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Easiest way to tell is to take your spare tire out. The access panel is under it. My guess is if your car has an antenna on the rear quarter, it has the access panel in the trunk.

Jay Herbert

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it has an antenna on the rear fender, the battery is in the trunk. MDH cutoff was 040493

At approx. build date 04/04/93 following changes occurred:
Rear antenna replaced by windshield antenna wire
Battery relocated to left rear fender (side away from fuel filler to make room for BUX rear exit exhaust)
Front caliper lettering changed from "VIPER" to "RT/10"
Reverse lockout added to transmission
Top Material Changed from Vinyl to Cloth

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jay- Did you know there was a change in the intake manifold? I found this out last week. The early cars had another rail on the underside. The reason for the second rail was so that you could add Nitrous Oxide to the car and hide it underneath the intake so no one could see it. All you had to do was unplug one end of the rail and install the NOS feed. This would supply the NOS to all cylinders.

Fascinating