A Few Quick Questions On How The Forum Works?

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a few questions on how the forum works. I just noticed a few things. Here are the questions:

What does it mean when next to the number of post on a specific post has () next to it? For example:
Thread Name: How do you change a tire in a viper? Replies: 9(1)

Secondly, what does it mean when a certain post is highlighted in gray? I noticed that usually the top "priority" ones are always but what does it mean when some others are like at the bottom sometimes. I thought it was for the ones you viewed but most of those I did not view.

Any help would be greatly appricated.

Thanking you ALL in advance

KEITH

Vreracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the grey ones are the ones that have new replies since you last visited the site and the number in the parenthesis are the number of replies to that one since you last visited the site.

For instance if there were 10 total replies and 2 since you last visited the page it would read 10(2). The grey ones would highlight those.

I think there's even more information such as a ranking of how many recent post etc but only a moderator would know for sure.

I see you put your picture with your Viper. We're in the minority. Personally I like to see what people look like.

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i'm w/ you Rick!

i cannot figure it out either... i tried going into the registry, etc., followed the directions on a thread from way back, all to no avail... and, i consider myself somewhat literate... :confused:

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had my picture next to my car but I changed it. Someone said I looked old, I got rid of the defective picture.

slaughterj

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The problem is, the ##(##) no longer seems to refresh itself like it once did, at least for me. I.e., if I look at a thread when it is 20(12) (seen the first 8 before), I could look at the next 12 messages, then come back later and find it to be 30(22), which would mean I hadn't ever looked at the next 12 messages...

OP
OP
D

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree Vreracing. I think the people taking pictures with their cars looks good. It does help when you are wondering what a specific member looks like.

By the ay Vreracing, your avatar does not come up when you click it. Shoot an e mail to Vipermad and he will fix it right up for you.

KEITH