Drivers door will not open

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello all, as you can tell I'm new to this site and vipers. I have a 2000 viper in my garage that a very good friend of mine just bought. I will have for 6 months until his house is built. I will have many questions to ask in the near future, so I hope all of you may be able to help out. The car is a gts, here's some info. Car is black\silver w\cognac interior. It has eibach springs, corsa 3 inch exhaust, remote cruise, hard wired valentine 1, B&M shifter, jensen stereo, amp w\music keg, clifford alarm w\hijack system-what a nightmare that is to disarm. Engine has less then 1000 on a rebuild. Forged pistons, crank, blah, blah, blah. Paxton super charger w\8 lb pulley and piggy backed unichip. Unplugged the car dynoed at 683, plugged in 730. This is the fastest street car I have driven. This thing is a monster. Any hoo... to the question at hand. When pressing the drivers side door button, nothing happens. I have to open passenger side door to get in. When I use the indoor handle, that works fine.I do not have a shop manual as of yet, so any help would be great. Anyone have a clue what may be causing this?
Also what is the best shop manual to get?
Thanks everyone for any help.

DesertSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This has happened to several owners lately, including me. The wires that run into the door seem to break easily. Get it fixed by the dealer if under warranty, otherwise search this forum for tips on how to do the fix yourself.

-Brian

MoparMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pullshard - great color combo on that 2000. You mentioned that it had a rebuild 1000 miles ago - can you tell me why the engine was rebuilt? The reason I ask is that my car (which is also a 2000 black/silver but w/black interior) just came back from the Arrow rebuild due to the cylinder sleeves. I've also heard of at least 2 other black/silvers having the same problem so I'm wondering if they built most/all of the black/silver 2000's at the beginning of the run.

OP
OP
P

pullshard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
MoparMan-The person who owned the car before brought it to a shop to install the unichip. The shop proceeded to lean the car out to much which inturn blew the motor on the dyno. The co. that did this sent the engine back east to a co. that I think is in maryland where it was rebuilt. The good thing about this ordeal is that the previous owner, and now my friend had, has a killer engine.
Thanks desertsnake, I'll search away.
Anyone know the best shop manual.
Thanks

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmoore8950