Budget Exhaust

Mich99GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Guys / Gals
I,m looking for a little input on this.
I recently purchased some Random tech cat's for my 99GTS from jonB which I intend to install as soon as I can.
My question is that I intend leaving for the finacially see able future the exhaust standard apart from removing the rear boxes and replacing with some straight pipes.
Has anyone tried this and what results did you get I.E Noise gains, H P Gains, and any cooling in the interior or sills from the high flow cat's.
I live in the UK and the Viper guys/gals here in the UK are very helpful but extra input is always helpful.
Regards Mich

ggc

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you search this forum you will find this has been discussed in many previous posts. If you like it loud, consider replacing the resonators (the round mufflers behind the cats) with straight pipes. If you like it a little louder many people have gone the X pipe route and been satisfied. Some question as to how much HP gain you will see, but sound is improved either way.

If you go catback Corsa no drone nice sound, moderate sound, borla some drone, a little louder, belanger, loud. Go to a VCA meeting and listen to various combinations to decide before you buy.

The high flow cats are great with a little HP gain (5 - 8), some sound improvement and much cooler sills and footwells. I have tried no cats then high flow cats and either is way better than stock cats.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The first thing all Viper owners should do is replace the rear muffler with H or X pipe, you can weld the tips back on. Any muffler shop will do it for about $100, I imagine in the UK also.

Afterwards, if you want it louder go with hi-flow cats or remove them all together.

After that remove the resonators.

After that you're into the aftermarket systems.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've even heard some places charging 300-400 for x pipes for the Viper. Dont' fall for it. If you do, like Chuck said, just head to a local muffler shop and they should be able to help you for MUCH less..

Good Luck!

Gerald

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456