Do Gen I sills mount to GenII ?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Talk to gerald before you do, he had the sidepipe on his GTS, just got too loud after a while for him. If that is what you want though, go for it, but save your old system "just in case".

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a turnout on my exhaust and running it that way, taking out the rest of my system in the back, would this work?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was thinking of putting a turnout on my exhaust and running it that way, taking out the rest of my system in the back, would this work?

yup, it'll work. You'll still have the opening in the rear bumper cover where your exhaust came out tho.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
FLX109 e-mail [email protected] (Glen)he lives in Pelham, NH - Converted his 2001 Bumble B GTS to side exhaust. Has had some problems with the noise (drone), was talking about a better set up, could probably steer you in the right direction.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Partsrack sells a cat back kit from Bellanger. It contains the turnouts. But I am sure JonB could sell you just the turnouts. Plus he could advise you on your change over.

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I even thought of maybe putting a cutout on where the turnout would be to the side exhaust and keeping the rear exhaust also, maybe that would look DUMB

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has helped with a BUNCH, including 1996 GTS Vin #00033 the first

We have had one customer do sidepipes / cutouts so he could utilize both rear and side (cutout) exhausts.

If you do it on the cheap, with uninsulated AutoForm hi-temp-resin race car sidepipe sills, these are louder, and they dont have the same fit-finish-look of Gen 1 lake-pipe sills.

GTSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flx,

I'm thinking along the same lines as you. Do you have the cutout Y pipe? Where did you get it?

BIGBADCJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have mine running out the side and absolutly love it, i dont have any drone problem, it rocks

OP
OP
F

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have the cutout yet but do have the sidesills, there being painted, wondering about what effect it might have on the exhaust sensor also.

CJ,
Do you have pictures? Do you have sides with rears?

FLX109