GA VCA Monthly Meeting 2/23 all invited & events

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Folks, Please forgive the late start to the GA VCA new year. Diane's mom suffered from a terminal illness over the holidays & passed away this month. As a result, My VCA duties were put on hold. Thank's to everyone for their thoughts & prayers during this time & it is a source of much comfort.

We need candidates for the new officer election to be held in April for the next term. President , Vice President, treasurer & secretary are the positions that must be filled. I have one nomination for president & we need more than that. Its time to step up & take the opportunity to make your mark on the club!

We also need to fill the Vice President position immediately. Volunteers?

02/23 Feb. Monthly meeting : cocktails 6:30, dinner 7:15

Jeffrey's Sports Bar & Grill
11585 Jones Bridge Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30022
(770) 346-0807
The owner has promised us our own meeting room, send me an e mail to Dave Garrett @ [email protected] if you are thinking about attending.
On the agenda is : our Financials, Nominations, event suggestions, setting the years calendar.

02/22 & 23 Panoz Track day @ Road Atlanta There might be some spots open. I will NOT be available for in car instruction @ this event . See http://www.panozracingschool.com/TrackDays_Schedule.asp for more info

03/06 SCCA regional Races @ Road Atlanta. Come see our own Dave Garrett debut in scca's toughest series. My new car will be there also. Come check it out!

03/13 Open Track Day Barber Motorsports park Alabama. Drive this state of the art facility with a private organization. Here are the details: Barber Motorsports Park, March 13th, in Birmingham, AL. The format will be in a similar fashion to a track day at Road Atlanta but with much smaller groups. The event is $450 per driver and all participants that exhibit responsible driving skills will be invited to future events. You may also visit the website and pull off any relevant information there. www.rpmautosport.com.
This is a link to Barber's in car video. Click on "Turn a lap" then "new video": http://www.porschedriving.com/the_track_detail.asp#

03/13 SCCA autocross school Turner Field see http://www.atl-scca.org/race_schedule.htm for more info. Autocross is a low impact way to see what you Viper is really like & accommodates all types of drivers , from novices to pro's.

3/14 SCCA autocross # 1 NOW PUT ALL YOUR SCHOOLING TO GOOD USE! http://www.atl-scca.org/race_schedule.htm

03/27 SCCA national @ Road Atlanta, SEE The new Factory Dodge SRT4 T2 cars with John Fernandez @ the wheel , as well as a few Vipers racing in T-1. We will be doing the pro race on Sunday.

Tomcat

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We were all sorry to hear of your loss and send out best.

See you on the 23rd.

I can fill the vacant VP position and help you and the GA VCA as needed.

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Quick correction:

"03/13 SCCA autocross school Turner Field see http://www.atl-scca.org/race_schedule.htm for more info. Autocross is a low impact way to see what you Viper is really like & accommodates all types of drivers , from novices to pro's. "

The school is only for MINI Coopers. Spaces are all filled. The points event on 3/14 is for anyone who wants to come.

Surly 1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The meeting next Monday the 23rd will be 1st class as usual at Jeffrey's Sports Bar ( www.jeffreyssportsbars.com ) in Alpharetta. For those who may need directions, click on the link or paste it in your browser and we'll see ya there. We have reserved the enclosed patio, reserved parking for those who bring their cars and will have hot Hors d'oeuvres and our own private bartender. Dinner to follow between 7:15 and 7:30 so don't be late! See ya there! :2tu:

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The school is only for MINI Coopers. Spaces are all filled. The points event on 3/14 is for anyone who wants to come.

The school may be full, but it was sponsored bythe mini , but it wasnt for mini 's only

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

The school may be full, but it was sponsored bythe mini , but it wasnt for mini 's only

Are you sure? I'm on the Atlanta SoloII list, and there was a pretty big debate about this. People were mad because cars other than Mini's were allegedly excluded. Oh well, moot point... all the spaces are filled.

I hope everything is going as well as can be expected... I'm sorry to hear about your loss, Pete, and I'm sure you know that if you need anything, the GA Viper crew is more than willing to help...

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you girls are whinning about schedules etc.......I was autocrossing yesterday at Birmingham :laugh: I have never seen such a big course. Times were in the 75 - 80 second range.

OP
OP
P

pdmracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While yo girls were autocrossing I was prepping both my cars to get ready for some real racing @ road atlanta 3/6. Big Dave G is making his scca debut....are u?

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm assuming not many snakes are going to be there what with the forecast and all?? I was hoping to hear some exhaust sounds so I can make up my mind on a setup. I have to be at work at midnight as well...gotta have sleep. I'll be sure to make it to the racing though on the 6th.

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While yo girls were autocrossing I was prepping both my cars to get ready for some real racing @ road atlanta 3/6. Big Dave G is making his scca debut....are u?

OUCH !! :laugh: I'm skeered of those concrete walls......they hurt :(

J.D. Farmer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
While you "wanna be thrill seekers" were chasing cones, waxing your race cars, and talkin' about how fast you used to be, I was flossin' some twisties in the mountains on my new two wheel adrenaline injection device. If they'd only let bikes and cars on the track at the same time.....

J.D. no longer rides in the back of the pack during Viper club cruises.

And that's the smack, Jack!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth