I've spent over $5000 in the past 8 days! Viper aftermarket is addicting!

NatRT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I\'ve spent over $5000 in the past 8 days! Viper aftermarket is addicting!

First it started with the GTS wheels. I was happy for a day. Then I needed the Vipermania windows. Happy again for another day. Finally I figured "what the hell" and bought the VM hardtop too. BTW, Biff at Vipermania is a hell of a nice guy and really easy to deal with. My question is, will the '95 be more "useable" with the VM windows and hardtop? Will I have to worry if I ever got caught in a rain storm? When you wash the car with the top on, can you spray the water directly on the top and not have to worry too much about leaking?

Photo pro

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve spent over $5000 in the past 8 days! Viper aftermarket is addicting!

Get used to the leak. The top and windows will allow water in no matter what you do. I have the hard top and stock windows. I try not to spray directly on the seam. I still get water in.

BTW: Dodge made the windows leak to keep us off of the road when it rains. The back tires are flat out dangerous on a wet road.

Watch the weather!

Wayne Finch

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Took 8 days....................what took you so long?

SNKEBIT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: I\'ve spent over $5000 in the past 8 days! Viper aftermarket is addictin

I was spending money before I even got it home!!!!!!! :rolleyes: :D :D :D :D :D

MaxedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

your taking too long to get to the mods and you haven't started spending money yet! :cool: :cool:

Roadkill

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I think spending for additional items is a mandatory part of Viper ownership... :)

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score

Biff actually helped me locate my car after searching for 2 yrs. Great guy and well connected in the viper community. My car has the Mopar top with VMANIA windows. SInce I am out of NY I put the top on for the winter and get to view it in the garage but have never had it wet that way yet.

JimT 99RT

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Save up, Sean Roe will have the Gen I blower out soon... :2tu:

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Oh, how I know this feeling! Rest assured, it only gets worse as time goes on. Your in central PA., and the winter has sucked big time in our part of the world. Those Florida and California guys love to rub it in as they drive their Vipers in the sun and we wax ours in the garage with a kerosene heater on so the wax dries in a day (tough when the temperature outside never goes above 25 degrees for you sunshine boys who can't follow our lifestyle!). Each winter you will say, "now what's the project this year?" And each winter, some tuners cash register will ring up your sale and you will be thinking, "gee, can't wait for spring to warm up and clean the anti-skid and salt off the roads." Been there, doing that, since my first Viper in 1995. Good luck, spring's around the corner!

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Nat, it's not a matter of is it going to leak, it's more like how much is it going to leak. Leaks are common with RT's. I have a MOPAR top and Vmania windows also and they leak. I have installed some small weatherstripping along the windshield piller and it worked well, but still leaks in heavy rain. Best bet take top off and windows out and watch the Weather Channel...it's a Roadster. :D PS: If you don't have it already, your next investment should be a MOPAR Spoiler. :2tu:

REDSLED

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You've come a long way from wanting to purchase used K & N filters a while back:) Congrats on the purchases it only gets better.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth