Well, its getting closer to srt time for me!!

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
Honing in on the right deal, but still considering 03 or 04. I am leaning toward 03 and using the extra money to mod it(a must, eh?) Anyway, i know there are some headlamp problems for some 03 and what else? Are all the problems that folks have had with their 03's been taken care of by DC? Any clear reason to favor one year over the other? Thanks, can't wait to join the ranks.

fred

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get the 04 with the latest improvements. It may cost you a little more but it is worth more because it is a 04. 04 cars are available for around $80K. Great car!!

OP
OP
R

riverflyer

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mendocino, on the lovely North coast of California
On stock cars, both used, it seems to be about 5 or 6k. 03 used to 04 new will be about 10k. Since I know I will want headers, exh. and maybe rims, it seems like used 03 will work best for me. However, if there are any compelling reasons to go for 04 I will pony up.
So Dr Dave and Fred, besides the red calipers and the carpet in the trunk, are there other improvements I should know about? electronics of any sort? motor? Any specifics would be appreciated.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So Dr Dave and Fred, besides the red calipers and the carpet in the trunk, are there other improvements I should know about? electronics of any sort? motor? Any specifics would be appreciated.

Red brake calipers, stock carpeting in trunk (which most '03 owners bought from Mopar - same exact set), convertible boot for covering it when down (only seen on raffle SRT that I know of), different WARNING sticker on side sills, and an extra $1000 on the price (had to pay for that carpet ;) ). Performance changes? None. Anything besides cosmetic and proper module programming? Not that I know of!

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
check your latest edition of VIPER. several adds. Personally, just something else to clean. Get a chin guard, slight mud flaps, radiator mesh screening, roll bar, MGW and stainless int with cupped hood for both lighted reflections(ON/OFF too), raise rview mirror on both hinges,check tires for nails, read manual, SAVE FOR SC/TT!!

Check on all recalls::

SIX FOR 03 ?04

GET READY TO ENJOY SIMPLY FAST OPEN AIR WOT GGGGGssss.

Why just this morning @40' i had much welcomed seat time. I ran it back/forth 70m CHI SOLDIERS FIELD for mostly notraffic slow bender hgwy. So ffast. I got it very dirty. So what.

Ive done the same ride w 99rt many times. Just as fast, but it really does accel significantly faster and much more stable(tracks worse though).

BUTTTT..... You have mods/time/love in this car. I wanted to do the same to mine. Now I'll be doin that on SRT which also is my daily driver 7 months/yr. TOP was a neg. L@@KIN good on the track. Just change to silver for my AV.

Your biggest dilemma is really only deciding on the handling/braking benefits......

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Keep in mind that if you can get an 03 for 6k less than an 04,its a good buy.As years pass,the gap narrows,and you have a much better value,or less depreciation in an 03.Everyone knows the largest depreciation hit comes the first year,and the 03 has taken it already.No difference in the cars,unless you like red calipers!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave