Anyone ever seen a Viper with Scissor Doors?

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a buddy that is looking into doing this to his Viper. I was wondering if anyone has ever seen it so I can advise him if it is stupid or not.

96 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
One big question - WHY? He already has the coolest car on the planet. I'm all for mods, but this seems like a little much (some people may think that 1000 HP is a "little much", but they are wrong). My advice is to keep the stock doors and put your money into go fast mods. :headbang:

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THis guy is more in to Pimpin than Go fast! I am pretty sure he is gonna do it. he has a 2001 red GTS that will probably have the doors with-in a month or so.

I was hoping someone would have a picture of one done or something so he could see the end result.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the video, it appears that the door swings straight out about 6 inches and then straight up. I wonder if it has any effect (wear) on the weather seals or latches. I wonder if there is any wind noise or leaks. Even if the door closes completely, but at a slightly different angle, I would think it would have an effect over time. I would like to see what it looks like on a viper.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think it looks bad ass. there is aco. here in fl that makes 1 pc door hinges that allow you to do that. Pretty simple actually. 1 PC. They are looking to do a viper next..

Gerald

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
WOW... I was just in the garage looking to do the same thing!

I like Lambo style doors. Viper hoods extended beyond the doors and would make the conversion more work.

I am ready to see some pictures if anyone gets this done.

Jerry

BradBodily

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The kits i have seen will not work for the Viper because the hood sweeps back above the door preventing the door from lifting in an upward direction.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what you guys are saying about the hood reaching over the door. However, in the video (see above link) the door opens out about 6 inches, then up. Would that make a difference?

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A friend of mine did this to his eclipse. He didn't like it installed b/c of what LIVIPER said... you have to pull the doors out before they go up. On this particular import, you had to open them ALL the way before they'd go up.

Oh yeah... whatever they do to the doors makes them _really_ heavy.

Reaction score
I like the concept however, the operational design would employ the driver to swing the door out, and then upward to make the opening process functional. Is that too much to ask? Don't know ... but I would like to see it up close and personal.

Doug

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thiagets