RaceDeck flooring

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the ones that have used the RaceDeck flooring in there garage how do you keep it clean,and can you hose it down like a regular tile floor. My concern is water getting underneath the tile and causing many problems. My second question is the cost per sq. ft. Any help would be appreciated.

Leonard Knight

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I installed the racedeck flooring in my garage about 8 months ago and I really like it. It is harder to get clean than a smooth floor but you don't have to worry about slipping. It is also very comfortable to work on and very durable. For cleaning I usually wait for a warm day and hose it out. The way it is constructed and the slope of your gargage floor takes most of the water out. The air can still get under it to dry out. I have not had any trouble with mold or other nasty stuff underneath.

For normal cleaning you can use one of those string mops or a "swifter" type cleaner. Just make sure to keep the mop clean or you will leave dirt behind the little bumps.

Only negatives are that it is sometimes difficult to roll the cars around on the car dolly, static electricity, and the mopping. Nothing serious. Great floors.

I would post a picture but I don't know how.

For cost you would need to talk to the racedeck people. They are very helpful.

Hope that helps.

superdavz

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love my racedeck floor. It is a little harder to keep clean but all I do is mop it with warm water.

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
durable, easy to clean and not airtight so itll dry/drain easily into existing drain under it in floor. only thing i dislike is the surface is slippery.

OP
OP
W

weed43

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the input on this type of floor, sounds like every one is well satified with the RaceDeck prodeuct, I really don't want to paint the concrete because of the prep that is needed. :)

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I use a 50/50 mix of water and Meguiar's Vinyl & Rubber cleaner/conditioner. It cleans and makes floor look great. not slippery with the 50/50 mix.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Love the race deck..I just pull it out into my driveway and wash down..real easy, light and durable..And now that I have added my stable mate all the colors of the flooring match up..LOL

207100_0036-med.JPG

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is a small picture. Believe it or not it's raining here in Southern California so need to wait to take a few more.
374109_0991-med.JPG

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got a quote last November to do my garage for $9689.00. That was for 2020 square feet with shipping.
It's nice but it isn't cheap!

Hissses

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I paid about $2200 for my 3 car garage. Got quotes of $3500 to $4200 for epoxy. One nice thing about Race Deck is it gives you an insulation from the cold concrete.

AndyR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey ****, I have had my epoxy floor done professionally. He did it on his own time, around 750 ft2 was around $2200. You are right, the prep work etc. would be a huge pain if doing yourself. Here is a picture, you're welcome to come by and see it if you'd like, I'm in White Oak. Let me know.

198Lift2.jpg

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thank you to those of you who have RaceDeck in your garage :D

For those of ypu considering RaceDeck, we have a number of different styles from DiamondTile(r)-tread pattern), to CircleTrac(r)-has coin top pattern, easy for small wheels to roll across and FreeFlow(r) - a self draining design. We have dealers nationwide that mostly inventory product and can even install it for you. All will offer a VCA discount on the product and offer volume discounts on orders of 600 sq.ft or more.
You must be registered for see images
RaceDeck.com

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BILL B: The price you were qouted seems "way" too high? Feel free to call me to get you a much better deal on your floor.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Whatever you do don't buy RaceDeck from anyone but RaceDeck directly. I've seen it in some auto specialty catalogues selling for twice RaceDeck's direct price, even without the VCA discount. That quote BillB mentioned above is close to twice what it should be from RaceDeck.

Bill B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I called RaceDeck and they had their "local" distributor call and give me a quote. RaceDeck told me that they couldn't sell to me directly because they had a local source and shipping would be less. They quoted me 4.50 a sq foot plus shipping. And when I mentioned the VCA discount they said they didn't know of any.

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BillB: There is no dealer in Plantatin Florida? And $4.50 is far over retail?( Sug Retail on standard orders is $3.75 On the volume you metioned above and with your VCA discount, you are looking at $2.75 to $2.99 on RaceDeck.
[email protected]

Mighty GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Jorgen,
How about a group buy? I'd be in for 600-700sq ft
here in PA if the price was right. I am sure some other viper owners would take advantage of the deal if it was made available.....Joe.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jorgen gives 10% off to VCA members, so he's sort of running a group buy for us every day.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jorgen,
How about a group buy? I'd be in for 600-700sq ft
here in PA if the price was right. I am sure some other viper owners would take advantage of the deal if it was made available.....Joe.

I would take advantage of a DEAL if it was right! :laugh:

RaceDeck

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The reseller you are refering to was not a dealer, but did resell a few floors through his other business. For obvious reasons and customer service related issue he no longer is carrying our productline.

As for Group Buys - we do that quite often for local clubs that order a larger amount of flooring and we ship to one central location, this is how we pass the savings along. We also have a large number of dealers who inventory product and would be happy to pass along a great deal. Please feel free to call me and I will make sure that you get a deal on your RaceDeck floor

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tom R