Anyone in New Castle, DE area -Look @ Viper - I\'ll pay $100 or more

I need someone to inspect a Viper I am buying. The location is:

Price: The Easy Road - Dealer
168 N. DuPont Highway
New Castle, Delaware 19720

The car I am buying is:
2001 Viper RT/10
Vin # 1B3ER65EX1V703260
The car has 1,700 miles but the Carfax reveals 2 owners. I just want to make sure it is perfect before I spend 60,000 on a car that I have never seen. I am in Los Angeles, so a flight to New Castle is not feasible. I will pay you whatever you want to inspect the car. Please, help if you can.

Email: [email protected]

HOGGG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Anyone in New Castle, DE area -Look @ Viper - I\'ll pay $100 or more

Dan, Go to the nearest VCA area and contact the Pres. I'm sure someone will be happy to help. Good luck.

HOGG :cool:
:usa:

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Check your email.

----------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

agentf1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Sent you an email.

Just did a mapquest, I am 30 minutes away...

Mopar Steve

Enthusiast
Reaction score

You don't have to pay me anything. I live about 10 minutes from there. I'd be happy to go look for you. Give me a list of what you want me to look at specifically. I am E-mailing you directly with my phone #. I can go as soon as Friday afternoon.

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

60k ? That's a little steep.

Amen. That's a little steep.

Call Mike Anderson at 816-630-1700, he has an 1,100 mile, 2002 for sale for $58K. (beat on him a little on the price, wink-wink!)

I've seen and been in the car. It's a near perfect car.

He also has an RT-10 with about 14K miles, I think 98 or 99???? In the mid to high $40's I think, not sure about that one.

Good luck!

OP
OP
D

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Thanks guys for all the help. I have one member inspecting the car and another providing transportation. The board is very helpful.

Regards,
Danny

....almost forgot. The car is 55K. I just factored in other expenses (tax, transport, etc...)

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Frank- if you go, gimme a call and I'll tag along

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

....almost forgot. The car is 55K. I just factored in other expenses (tax, transport, etc...)

That is more inline.....especially if it's negotible :)

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

i ispected the car today for danny.when i arrived the car was on the lift in the shop.the first thing i noticed when i got underneath was the exuast from the side sill back was extremly rusty.the pipes were fully rusted and the muffler in the back was spotted with inch rust spots all over it.that seemed odd to me on a 1800 mile car.the car must have sat in tall grass or was in an extremly wet spot for a while.
second was the front lower fascia had the usual side scrapes but it had also slid onto a concrete parking block also.the scrapes were about 5 to 8 inches long and didnt look to good.
no leaks or any other underneath problems detected.
the exterior from a glance looked awsum and very nice as well as the interior.i found a small nick on the dash and about 4 touched up chips on the car.the right side rims had minor curbage and dealer said he would fix.
overall the car looked decent but it did have a few problems as noted.ive given the info to danny so he can decide how he wants to go.
the saphire blue looked awsum in person and pics cant seem to pick up the true look. i really love the color.
good luck danny either way you go/
im working on my 4th and if there is a under 5k mile near perfect 96 97 gts coupe out there available for 50 or under ,please let me know/car must be mint and on the east coast
thanks

OP
OP
D

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

I just want to publicly thank speedshftr for taking the time to carefully inspect the car. Through his observation and assessment, I have decided not to purchase this 1800 mile 01 blue RT/10. I have been searching for 5 months and finally thought for sure I found the perfect car. Oh well, if anyone knows of a 100% perfect 01 or 02 RT-10 for sale, please let me know. I am looking for a car with < 2,000 miles and must be Blue or Graphite. Thanks again for everyone’s help. I sure hope I find that car soon.

Regards,
Danny

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

If Jay Brown is selling that car I'd be willing to bet he'd stand behind it - he sells vipers out of a toyota dealership so a hit to his reputation could be horribly damaging.

OP
OP
D

Danny

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jay Brown is a great guy and he represented the car very well. I am just super particular and anal. The car had some rust on the undercariage. Other then that, it was almost perfect. Again, I would definetly recomend Jay to any potential Viper owner.

speedshftr

Enthusiast
Reaction score

no problems with price or mr brown,the car was not in the perfect shape that this buyer was looking for.to someone else it may work for them.if anyone is that interested i have great digital pics of the rust in question.ill email to you and you can post on the board.
dont get me wrong,the car was very very nice but didnt fit the grade of this buyer.and i dont think that the rusty exaust was the deal breaker alone.now where is that minty 96 for me?

malcoll

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Speedshfter...... are you planning to sell your 99 RT when you locate a GTS????

ledfoot

Viper Owner
Reaction score

speedshftr..........where you looking at srt's ?.......I almost went that way, but kept my 01..... :headbang: