What Could Replace Your Viper???

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hello fellas,
I had an intresting email yesterday. A guy asked me how much I wanted for my GTS. I asked him how he found the car. Turns out he was looking through a dupont registry and read a link to my site where I was hosting some pics of a renntech mercedes. He said I saw the CLK but I am more interested in the Viper. To make a long story short he asked for a price like the car sits and I came up with one. He's going to call back later this week.

Now he may be full of it, but it got me thinking what in the hell would I replace that car with. O.K. so lets go down the list of replacements.

SRT-10,(+$20k)
Very performance oriented, but I am still undecided on the looks, and there goes my twin turbo money.

Porsche 993tt,(+$15k)
Beautiful car and among my favorite porsches but starting to look a little dated to me. Plus it would be very difficult to match the viper performance.

Porsche996tt,(+$30k)
Good looking car, very nice interior, cost to performance ratio is really high, kinda blends in with the other 996's.

Ferarri 355,(+$20k)
I love the looks of this car but I think it would leave me wanting the vipers right pedal.

Older Diablo,(+$50k)
Slow by comparison, over priced, and the looks are incredible but may be a little over the top for the real world.

There are a couple of others but these are the few that would be realistic for me. It got me thinking, For what I like in a car the GTS seems to have it all, and if I did sell it I would probably want another GTS.

If you were faced with selling your viper what could you replace it with if anything?

Shelby3

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If it couldn't be another Viper, the new FORD GT40 remake would be an easy pick.

VIPR GTS

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hard to replace the coupe with a new car without spending way to much money, the R/T10 replacement would be a Superfomance Cobra.

HOGGG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
CHER :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;)
:usa:

---------------------
T&T INDUCTION
K&N,SMOOTH TUBES
ROLLER,ROCKERS
BORLA HEADERS
BORLA EXHAUST
ALUM. FLYWHEEL
GOOFY DRIVER--PRICELESS

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not a Vette that's for sure!! :p

Enzo maybe, McClaren, Porsche Carrera GT3 :headbang:
Of course, I could then sell whichever one of them and buy another GTS! And use the rest of the $$ to build a shrine for Her! :2tu:

If money was any factor at all, there is NO replacement for my GTS!! :usa:

Torquemonster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Viper - or just sit on the one you have.

If you are even considering a twin turbo Viper - you gotta get a ride in one before you sell your and get something else.

Once you have been for a ride/drive in a really nice twin turbo Viper - everything else will seem pedestrian and borish. Ask Sal P what it's like to have a 9 second daily driver that drives like a stocker!!! The other options fall way short of that kind of thrill and wow factor every time you fire it up.

ViperRay

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is no direct replacement for the viper. Yes, there are other fast cars, but nothing like the viper. Any of the other cars you mentioned would be great to get in addition to the viper though (I am partial to the Ford GT). Therefore, unless you need the money, no point in selling it since you'll only have to get another :D

jramey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gts that I will have until I die, I want to get a 355 or early 360 but my wife says I cannot have 2 red sports cars at the house so I will have stick to my viper, bummer to be me!
john

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 2000 gts that I will have until I die, I want to get a 355 or early 360 but my wife says I cannot have 2 red sports cars at the house so I will have stick to my viper, bummer to be me!
john
Not true, just get a yellow one and you're "good to go"! :D :D :D :D

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nothing could replace it but for a stable mate: Diablo or Countach. Maybe a Ferrari Testarossa or 512. Don't like the new little racer models. Never a Porsche! Probably will end up with a Daytona Coupe kit (which would be a lot of fun to build) or a Lotus Elise for something totally different.

Loved the quote about the 996 turbo: "Chicks don't freak out when they see it because they think it's their uncle Bobs 1977 Turbo."

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Nothing could replace it but for a stable mate: Diablo or Countach. Maybe a Ferrari Testarossa or 512. Don't like the new little racer models. Never a Porsche! Probably will end up with a Daytona Coupe kit (which would be a lot of fun to build) or a Lotus Elise for something totally different.

Loved the quote about the 996 turbo: "Chicks don't freak out when they see it because they think it's their uncle Bobs 1977 Turbo."

I couldnt agree more on all your choices.It would be really cool to build one of those daytona kits!!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Chrysler ME 4-12

2006 Ford GT V-10, if they do it.

You said not "add to", but "replace" the Viper, right?
Well thats what it would take for me. Don't want any foreign cars, really, so Ferrari's out of the picture. I like 'em American!!

Fiorano

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I doubt I'll ever sell. I'd like to add one or more of the following in the future:

Ford GT
Viper SRT10 coupe (if made)
Noble GTO-3R

Out of all of those, the Ford GT is what I want most.