Sneaky Pete was nowhere to be found................................

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my membership package and everything is Fangs and SRT-10's. I like both...a lot. But I don't own a SRT-10, or anything Fangs related.

I would think that a club as established and high end as the Viper club could at least give members a membership card with a photo of a car that represents the generation of the car in which they actually own.

I was bummed out at our VCA Christmas party when new dress button down shirts came out and I asked why all of them had Fangs and when can we get some Sneaky Pete ones, and I was told by our club pres that the National Office told him once the Gen 3's came out we can no longer order anything with Sneaky Pete on them. Period.

Now, I have said this once before and our National President was nice enough to follow up and tell us all that they are working on that, and they hope someday to have that resolved.

But until that is done, it sure is a real bummer to drop the coin, become a member and find out that the club you just joined wants to act like your generation of cars never existed by not allowing your generation logo to be represented in the club anymore on anything.

At least, couldn't all Gen 1 and 2 owners get a photo of a Gen 1 or 2 bodied cars on their membership cards, and all Gen 3 owners get a photo of a Gen 3 bodied car on theirs? Even Comp Coupe owners get a Comp Coupe on their cards?

That would even make meetings a little easier. You would know who owns what Generation of car by just looking at the photo on thier membership cards.

I sure miss Sneaky Pete! :confused:

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quit your bitchin...go get some 30mil plastic cards and print your own membership cards, this way you could cater to all the different people that want different cars, snakes ect on their cards. hell send me your jpeg file, your membership numbers & i'll print them up for you. You'd be able to attach your custom card to the bottom of the VCA card.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree that both logos are important. Members should have a choice.

I agree. There are 3 generations of Vipers so there should be 3 variations of cards. The member should have a choice of which generation Viper he/she wants on the card. Seems as simple as VCA listing Gen I, II or III on the membership application form and you check the box for the one you want. Forget about spending money on pins, keychains or cheap calendars. Put that money towards the cards. Joe H. lets make it happen! :2tu:

Jerry Colpitts

Enthusiast
Reaction score
IT SHOULD BE THE VIPER OWNERS CHOICE.IT MAKES GOOD BUSINESS SENSE FOR SHIRTS AND HATS YOU HAVE A LARGER CUSTOMER BASE. BECAUSE MOST PEOPLE WITH SRT10S ARE NOT GOING TO WEAR SNEAKY PETE AND GEN1 AND GEN2 OWNERS ARE NOT GOING TO WEAR FANGS APPAREL AS MUCH EITHER.NOW PEOPLE WILL START BOOTLEGGING THE OLDER MERCHANDISE.

OP
OP
B

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
quit your bitchin...go get some 30mil plastic cards and print your own membership cards, this way you could cater to all the different people that want different cars, snakes ect on their cards. hell send me your jpeg file, your membership numbers & i'll print them up for you. You'd be able to attach your custom card to the bottom of the VCA card.

Frank you make the point EXACTLY! (thanks for your help) The cards are so easy we could make them ourselves. Think how easy it would be for the club to do. The cards are least Club could be doing it for us Sneaky Pete's.

The point is also that the VCA won't allow us to use Sneaky Pete on anything. We can't even order shirts with a Gen 1&2 logo, per the National Pres. Bummer!

Why is the National Club killing Sneaky Pete??????????

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cards seem simple enough. The cards originally featured the RT-10. When the GTS was released, that car was featured. In 98, both RT-10 (Red) and GTS (Blue) were on the card.
In 1999 the fantastic LeMans white GT2 was on the cover, all with Sneaky Pete.

All new marketing material will show FANGS!, historical references will display SNEAKY PETE!

Hopefully the 05 membership cards will have pictures of each of the cars produced, the RT/10, GTS, SRT-10 Convertable AND COUPE!

:usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa: :usa:

Joseph Houss

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I like that idea Paul! Do you think Dodge will build the Coupe just to make sure our ID cards can have all four versions? :cool:

How's this:

Our dear friends at Dodge,

The VCA National Officers have been inundated with requests for an ID card for 2005 with an RT/10, GTS, SRT-10 AND a new generation coupe as its' graphic. Could you please make sure you design, engineer, and build a street production coupe immediately so we can have that baby on our ID card for 2005?

RavenFan_94

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I like that idea Paul! Do you think Dodge will build the Coupe just to make sure our ID cards can have all four versions? :cool:

How's this:

Our dear friends at Dodge,

The VCA National Officers have been inundated with requests for an ID card for 2005 with an RT/10, GTS, SRT-10 AND a new generation coupe as its' graphic. Could you please make sure you design, engineer, and build a street production coupe immediately so we can have that baby on our ID card for 2005?

If I can quote Al Michaels in 1980 during some hockey game: "Do you believe in miracles? YES!"

Dave's Big Brakes

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is why in our group called SD Vipers, we have name tags, that show all of this

logo SD VIPERS Logo

Your name

Viper GTS or RT/10 / ACR
Car Color and Year
plus the color of your car is the back ground color, that way everyone knows your name and what your car color,year, and model.
Any trophy place can due these, no problem.
Make your own.

Jeff Torrey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe- I am more interested in what Jerry was talking about (Merchandise with Sneaky Pete Logo). Why did Dodge choose to stop all reproduction of there copyrighted logo?...Was it simply a marketing ploy to fully support the new edition SRT10. I can understand from a capitalistic point of view that Dodge only makes money one time (new car sales). Member badges with the new Fangs logo on it does not bother me. But dismissing the old one is not "wise" ...speaking from a Gen 1 point of view of course. There is money in merchandising. Come on Dodge...have a little faith!
The newer car is better but does that make the original Trash?

OLD AND RED N' DAMN PROUD TOO

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And I am certainly with Ryck and the others, especially when it come to merchandise. The regions are allowed to print their own stuff (shirts, hats, calendars, etc.), however we are supposed to use the new VCA logo only. It would sure be helpful from a fundraising standpoint if we could print both...

Reaction score
And I am certainly with Ryck and the others, especially when it come to merchandise. The regions are allowed to print their own stuff (shirts, hats, calendars, etc.), however we are supposed to use the new VCA logo only. It would sure be helpful from a fundraising standpoint if we could print both...
What Chris said. :) Not that it makes THAT much difference......but I REFUSE to buy anything with the new logo. I certainly won't hurt their business....but it makes me feel better. :)

****NO offense to the SRT-10 owners!!!

Marv S

VCA Officer
Reaction score
Are Regions prohibited from using the Pete Logo or Gen1/Gen2 images?

Last VOI had coins with Gen1, Gen2, & SRT-10 cars on them.

btw- BMW CCA sends me out a paper card every year with no cars, etc. it. Same look every year . Just name & membership # and a light blue border

Steve Ferguson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Joe, Ralgh Gilles can approve use of the old logo.

Bad, you are right, we need to have access to ALL VCA logo's, and since more than 1/2 our members have the original version it is a very logical request.

Chris, did the Regions get banned from using the old logo?

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The Mad Tony wrote:

****NO offense to the SRT-10 owners!!!

<font color="red">BASTARD! ;) </font>

The Man Behind the White SRT wrote:

Chris, did the Regions get banned from using the old logo?

As I recall, we were told to "cease and desist" using the original Sneaky Pete logo when we were sent the new graphics. That included updating the regional club logos on the web sites, etc. No wiggle room that I am aware of, as I want to sell Ryck and Tony some cool button-down shirts!

PS. to ViperMad: There is a brand-new Dodge Ram (not SRT) with a nice body kit running around my neighborhood. Red with black stripes. Very nice!

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The SRT10 is a GREAT car, but I don't own one, and I still want to buy Sneaky Pete stuff.

AJT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone else disliked the new cards?
Our membership dues might go up $ 25.00 for gen specific name cards, or they might have to put less into viper quarterly to make up the price diff to print diff cards.

I received a nice leather viper jacket for Xmas &amp; it was fangs logo. I called to see if I could exchange it for sneaky pete &amp; they told me no more sneaky pete jackets, only fangs. Its a nice jacket but it would have been nice to be able to get it for what you own.

DC Don't forget how you got here &amp; who supported you on the way! Don't fotget about Sneaky Pete!

my .02
Andy

Hisserman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Right on, Andy --

I don't begrudge the SRT folks their Fangs logo, but I think it ***** that DC is trying to get rid of Sneaky Pete. It seems that it wasn't such a cool idea to shift logos in mid stream (what other classic brand has done that), but if they were going to do it then they shouldn't try to kill the old one. Sneaky Pete's prominently displayed on the Gen I and II cars for Pete's sake -- don't try to hide it!

Joseph Houss

VCA Officer
Reaction score
This exact discussion rang through at our last Directors meeting, and we have gotten approval, and Viper HQ is preparing a new group of apparel that will allow use of EITHER logo!

Thanks Dodge!!!