Has anyone gone from a Muffler Delete to a Cat Back?

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presently have a muffler delete under the car and like the sound, but I want to go to 3 inch mandrel pipe. I am thinking about the Borla system, but my question is more generally in nature.

Would the volume be more, less or about equal going from just a muffler delete and stock resonators to a cat back system? I will be keeping my hi flo cats on.

GENIIGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I presently have a muffler delete under the car and like the sound, but I want to go to 3 inch mandrel pipe. I am thinking about the Borla system, but my question is more generally in nature.

Would the volume be more, less or about equal going from just a muffler delete and stock resonators to a cat back system? I will be keeping my hi flo cats on.
J DAWG,more volume would be attained with any 3" cat back system but being you already have high-flow cat's and a muffler delete(straight pipes or X-pipe)you can closely match the sound by replacing your side sill resonator's with Dynomax race bullet muffler's. :2tu:

Achilles99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
GenIIGTS,

What do you mean by "closely matching sound" with the bullet mufflers? Are you saying that a 3" cat back system would be quieter than hi-flow cat's and a muffler delete?

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score

J DAWG,more volume would be attained with any 3" cat back system but being you already have high-flow cat's and a muffler delete(straight pipes or X-pipe)you can closely match the sound by replacing your side sill resonator's with Dynomax race bullet muffler's. :2tu:

GENIIGTS, I have heard cars with the bullet mufflers in the side and they sound really good. My goal is to get rid of my 2.5 inch muffler delete section and run 3 inch from the cat back. I am assuming that the sound or at least volume would not be much higher as long as I leave the cats in.

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score

GENIIGTS, I have heard cars with the bullet mufflers in the side and they sound really good. My goal is to get rid of my 2.5 inch muffler delete section and run 3 inch from the cat back. I am assuming that the sound or at least volume would not be much higher as long as I leave the cats in.

See link below. Dyno max mufflers rule!

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB14&Number=371904&Forum=UBB14&Words=&Match=Entire%20Phrase&Searchpage=0&Limit=25&Old=3months&Main=371904&Search=true#Post371904

OP
OP
J

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, I have an X-pipe now and love the sound. My main reason for changing is to get the 3 inch mandrel bent tubing. Who sells tubing to go from the cats or side mufflers back to the x - pipe that is mandrel bent(3 inch) without having to buy a full cat back?

garolittle

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gary, I have an X-pipe now and love the sound. My main reason for changing is to get the 3 inch mandrel bent tubing. Who sells tubing to go from the cats or side mufflers back to the x - pipe that is mandrel bent(3 inch) without having to buy a full cat back?

J DAWG,

Fortunantly, I know a local guy who actually bends the tubing in his shop. Unfortunantly, his business is a small shop that caters to local red necks like me so I am not sure who can sell you the tubing. Let's see what our other Viper brothers have to say about this question. In any event, I assure you that the sound of your new system will be incredible! :headbang: