Viper Watch? Any good? Where to get one?

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a black Viper watch advertised somewhere. I know it is gauche as heck, but I'm thinking about getting one. Anyone here have one? How good or bad quality is the watch, compared to say a Breitling or Tag?

Do you know where to get them if they're any good?
:usa:

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have heard really bad things about Viper watches.
Word is, they all RUN FAST.
May I suggest a Corvette watch?

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Francisco, did you think about what I said about moving from enthusiast to member? It is time to take the plunge.
There is a place for you here. You will fit it wonderfully.

VPRVENM97

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You mean this one that sells for $4,175?
You must be registered for see images

Or this one that sells for $7,500?
You must be registered for see images

Here's the website: www.rodolphewatches.com

I guess you won't find any current official stuff with Sneaky Pete anymore, everything is Fang now.

ElDiablo Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw it in person at Tators BBQ. They were offering 20% but why would I spend 5K on a Viper watch? I would only spend 5K on a watch if it was some kind of brand name. After all watch is a watch.

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief!! I had a Rolex GMT Master 2 tone gold and stainless for 22 years, and recently got a Breitling 2 tone Crosswind to replace it, for far less than the gold tone Viper watch. I figure the Breitling should be good for the next 20 years or so. The Viper was more of an idea of something I could wear on outings in the Viper. I was thinking it would be more in the range of a Tag, in the vicinity of 1,000-1,500 or so.

I have far too much that I'd like to do to the new Viper to put that kind of money into a Viper watch. Plus, for that money, I've seen dozens of other watches I prefer a lot over that. Thanks for the post. I'll be giving that idea up right about.....NOW.

Regards,
Larry

Geoff Green

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Snake Oyl has a rather nice, but inexpensive one for under $100.00. A nice leather band with Viper medallions and a nice face. Cannot beat it for the price and it actually stays on time.

Bonkers

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
I think I paid ~$30 for my "Offically Licensed Viper Watch" off ebay two years ago. (Seller was [email protected] - I don't know if he's still in biz or not.) Its stainless with a black leather band and has seen all forms of abuse (even an accidental drop in salt water!) Its still running fine.

That rodolphe watch seems nice, but, in my opinion, you're going to be spending thousands of dollars on a watch that maybe a hundred people on the planet would recognize as a $5k timepeice. I think everyone else would just assume its a timex.

A different view would be to spend that $5k on a mechanical upgrade and and then go make your own time.

DodgeViper01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not the best watch to spend $5000 on. Yes, they are built nicely but there are so many others that are SOO much better, Cartier, Rolex, Breitling, Raymond Weil, and Tag Heuer just to name a few. When you are looking to purchase a watch in this category, only names that are well known should be contemplated, since these companies have a GREAT history and know more about the watch industry than most.

2MANYTOYS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got one from JonB for Christmas. It is stainless and seems to be a pretty nice watch. I don't know the name of it. If you call him I'm sure he could tell you.

Polka

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My father just got the Rodolphe Viper watch for Valentine's Day. He got the one in stainless steel, but he just exchanged it for the one with the croc band instead. It is a well built watch, but nobaody else would ever know what it is. They do have really good customer service. He like the watch so I guess that's all that matters.

OP
OP
L

LW VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks. I have a Breitling, and I'm not looking to spend major money on a watch. I think the $100 knock offs is where I'm at on this. I tried the one link but that didn't work. I'll just do a search and see what I can find.

Assuming I was going to spend that much money on anything Viper related, I'd put it into the Viper.

Thanks so much.