10 year old Viper on dyno

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just came back from dynoevent in Gap, PA.

My good old red -93 RT/10 pulled 409HP and 489 torque on 4th gear.

I am a very happy camper!!!

It has smooth tubes and 2002 exhaust "headers", 3" exhaust, no cats, only Dynomax bullet "mufflers". Thats it. What a great car to have and drive.

GraphiteGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a person to be so positive about a not so new car says a lot about how great Vipers are. 489 FtLbs torque is super. Hats off to you.

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didn't know there was anything going on in Gap today, I am only 40 min away from there. Congrats on the great numbers

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 R/T 10, I have run the car only once in Englishtown.
This was with stock exhaust and smooth tubes only.
Time was 12.60. Good time for a "non mod" (tubes) Gen 1, but not a great time, since I definately could have done a 1-2 tenths better time without spinning my wheels all over.

J DAWG, Yes, I definately have the "coolest" Avatar, I also froze my *** waiting 5 hours to dyno my Viper in 35 degree weather....

I miss Texas......

OP
OP
R

RedEnuf93

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got the dynosheets. Looks like the TQ # was lower than originally posted. It is 477, instead of 489. Maybe the dynoguy misquoted the run or I heard incorrectly??
Anyway, Good news is that HP is higher, 410. (a whole 1 Amish mule HP!!)
Since I dont know how to attach pictures or dynosheets here, I have asked Ed to post them for me on Monday.

I also added white skunk stripes on my RT/10, those should easily make up the missing 12ftlbs of torque????

Kurt 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lauri,

Congrats!! Those are great numbers for a Gen I. Wish ya were still here in Texas and we could test those numbers on the local closed circuit course!!

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is Lauri's dyno sheet and a pic of the beast.
Nice Numbers!! Wish mine would have done that, Very strong car you have there, Gen II #'s.
165LaurieDyno.jpg

165LauriStripes.jpg