OutThere sends his love (pics)...

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those of you who have enjoyed or dreaded the posts from OutThere (not sure if he is currently banned or not), he sends his regards. He just traded off his RT/10 towards this strange looking Italian thingy:

You must be registered for see images

I brought down my Stratomaro2000 for some pictures next to it. What a humbling experience:

Of course we were at the local ******* and had the full contingency of ladies come out for some photo ops. Unfortunately, my bride has still not forgiven me for The Great Bikini Incident of 2003 (several around the ol' SRT) and she was in attendance. Thus not a single snap of the young ladies, although OT will probably send me one or two. Strangely enough, as I was getting ready to head out one young lady came out to see the cars. Easily the most attractive of the bunch as it turns out. Obviously not too bright however - she told us that she would take the Dodge any day over the Murcielago. ;)

My thanks to Chris for sharing his car with us. An absolutely stunning machine with more cool stuff that I can think to mention. Hopefully I can get him to bring it by sometime for some less "crowded" pictures in a dirty parking lot. These pictures simply do not do that exotic any justice! Oh, and he is now joining the Kansas City VCA as an associate member. Should be awesome!

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought OutThere/Cherm had a Red Viper that he sold...

Hell, I don't remember now. When we first met at the local Dodge dealer there were a few Vipers that showed up, including his. Have to admit I like his new ride better!

Frank 03SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I got "out there" too late to visit. HOWEVER, saw the M and it is just unbelieveable.

Did NOT look right, however, sitting there in that nasty parking lot with potholes and trash everywhere, and "ordinary" cars and bikes strewn about. Talk about a diamond in the rough.

Brian E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hi Chris.
Our fellow V.C.A. member and my good friend Dean Loucks ( ART OF DESIGN ) also has a 03 Murcielago. He traded in his 01 Diablo on it last year. As nice as the Lambo looks, it doesnt compare to the awesome performance that this car has. Until you have gone for a spirited ride in one of these machines, you havent lived life.
My wife and I went to the Chicago autoshow a couple weeks ago and Fox Valley had a 40th anniversary Murcielago in their display along with the new baby Lambo, the Gallarado. They attracted more attention than any of the other cars there by far. :cool:

tzoid

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow, what does OutThere do for a living? Just saw in Autoweek Magazine where the last remaining McLaren F-1 is going to be offered for sale by the factory...silver and it looks incredible (several steps beyond awesome). It's the very last F-1 ever made and has been on display at the factory in England. Price has been set at $1,000,000 pounds or $1,700,000 American. That's a couple of years salary.....

Vic

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
Being a fan of American cars, I'd like to say "don't count out the SRT-10". In many ways, the SRT excels.

Big congrats to Out There, for a beautiful aquisition! Thats one beautiful, exotic car!! We all want one!!! Very exclusive, and desireable automobile. :2tu:

OP
OP
Y

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A couple quick notes:

1. All were in agreement that taking the Lambo to the drag strip was foolish: To launch it just right you have to rev it pretty good - too high or too low and you are looking at a VERY expensive clutch replacement. Even then, they said that you would only get about ten really hard launches in it before you had some work needed. From Car & Driver: "More to the point, there's a good chance that revving the engine and dumping the clutch would fry the clutch and possibly destroy it, and we did not want to find out what that repair bill would look like. A good guess is somewhere in the vicinity of $9000." This was on the Diablo with a similar set up.

2. I thought the new Viper SRT was more angled than the old one (it is) and squared off. The thing looks practically round next to the Murcielago. And notice I didn't bother posting any pictures with my crusty Dodge in the foreground - that Lambo is absolutely drop-dead gorgeous. My only consolation was that the best looking ******* waitress said she would take my Viper any day over the Lamborghini. Not real bright, but definitely my favorite person in the world today. ;)

Bottom line, for that "exotic thrill" you would be hard-pressed to beat the Murcielago. The car is an absolute knife in a world of spoons (and if any of you car mags like that quote, it is now copyrighted). And sorry kids, I love the looks of the GTS more than any Viper out there, but the Lambo is an even cooler looking car in my very humble opinion. HOWEVER, I would also note that for those of us that are into "real world" driving with some tire shredding thrown in for fun, the Viper truly has no equal. I made a LOT of 1/4 mile passes in my GTS and never had a problem no matter how good or bad I launched. The Viper is darn near bullet proof and a far better car for those that tend to drive them to the edge of their capacity more often than not. Of course, I would take the Murci in a heartbeat over the Viper if I was a more casual driver that didn't put a lot of miles on it. It just looks SO good:

And here is the luckiest man in the world - OutThere:

My thanks again to Chris for the incredible opportunity to check his baby out. Once he gets some more seat time in it he promised I can take it for a drive myself since I let him drive my SRT. Little did I know I would get the opportunity when I handed him the keys to my Dodge. Of course if/when that day arrives I will be the slowest Lamborghini on the planet for that drive around the block... ;)

Gerald Levin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the sticker on the M? Yes I have to ask and yes I can't afford it. I did see an exotic Ferrarri (Enzo F50?) on the discovery channel yesterday that was being fitted for some new wheels at 301 Custom. The owner wanted some exotic wheels but the wheel only has a center lug nut like the formula cars, so the wheels would have to be specially made. They said the list on the car was $600K and many owners paid $400K above sticker! And they claim that same car is now worth $2 Million bucks! Amazing.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sloth