What window tint percent do you have???

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Going tomorrow to tint the rear window on my RT. Any of you have any suggestions which percentage is best? I like the looks of limo (5%) but worry it may be tough at night.

I think it'll look great with the VManias i just got since they come tinted...

Thanks!

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If any of you RT guys did this, I was also wondering if you unscrewed the bracket snaps on the window before tinting it. I unscrewed one, & it seems as if the leather type material split in half and was stuck to the window. Is this glued? Would I be better off having them cut and tint around these areas? It seems as if I'm ruining the material...

Donzi

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ZERO %........I want people to see ME in MY car!

yellow02

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i have 20% Onyx tint...its pretty dark, not to bad at night

Rollin4

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've got 20% on my rear glass. Works great, no problems at night at all and matches the Vmania windows well. I tinted mine myself. Make sure you tell the people doing the tint to be careful with the rubber seal.If they try to remove it around the window and tear it up, you can't just get the seal from MOPAR it has to be the whole window unless someone has aftermarketed a replacement seal recently.

OP
OP
T

tim721

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Rollin4 - thanks for the info. I'm gonna ask them to try & tint with everything still on the glass. Shouldnt be too tough for them as its out of the car & they can cut around it with a razorblade. I dont want to ruin the seal or any of the snap-on areas.

GaryA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
15% for my RT/10. I took off all the hardware on the rear window and it made the whole process easier. I did leave the rubber seal on though.

-----------------
2000 Black RT/10
Heffner 1000SCi 843 rwhp 792 rwtq 10.20 ET @ 141 MPH
Heffner Performance - Home of the World's First 9-second supercharged Viper!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62