Rear wing!

artsrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Still looking for a rear wing! Want to put a rear wing on my car (2001 Red RT-10). At this point prob a choice between autoform rear deck and Mopar. Want it to look nice but not like the ridiculous wings u see on 86' vettes or Civics. Anybody with any advice and/or pics of cars with wings would be greatly appreciated.

Thx!

DarcShadow

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Just my 2 cents but a wing on a RT/10? I can't picture that looking good no matter what kind of wing you get. Then again I'm not a fan of wings. If a car needs a wing fine but if it's just there for show it's a waste of space, added weight and added drag. Just my thoughts.

C.Thomson

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I put the Autoform on my RT. It really plants the car at speeds above 140 and is a great addition for those that like to go aover 150! Also, no drilling into the paint is required. It is also understated when compared to the Mopar wing. Sorry, I dont have a photo.

Andrew2KRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I put the Autoform spoiler on my RT/10. I like it better than the Mopar cause you don't have to drill into the top of the trunk. It's all hidden nice on the side.

Andrew

OP
OP
A

artsrt10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thx for the info! I'm in Staten Island and I was wondering who installed your wing.

Any pics?

Buckeye Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It has tabs that go between the trunk and quarterpanels. Then it attaches vertically on the area inside the trunk with brackets holding it on.

Yes they come painted. Cost is about $550 including shipping. Partsrack has them.

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Ulysses, I had a pretty bad ass IMO carbon fiber wing on my RT/10 (GenI).. Dunno where Doug got it though but it was unlike any other wing out there.

G

joe117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wing? On a street Viper?
If you like the looks of that, JC Whitney has all kinds of neat bolt ons that will really dress her up.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Art,

I modified one of the Autoform spoilers for my car. You can click on my avtar to enlarge the pic. It's certainly aggressive. Most people love it. Some people hate it. I fortunately am one of the former. It's your car....do what YOU want to with it....... :2tu:

Best regards,

Ben
'97 RT/10 venom 600 + Heffner SC

Mopar

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A wing? On a street Viper?
If you like the looks of that, JC Whitney has all kinds of neat bolt ons that will really dress her up.

I agree, but some like the riced out Honda look.

Not for me. :(

ChoiceViper

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Mopar for the RT.

Don's rocks.

428.jpg

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
An RT/10 without a rear wing just looks incomplete, at least in my opinion. Not a big ricer wing -- one that sits on the deck, like the autoform or mopar wing. I prefer the look of the Mopar wing and put it on both of my RT/10's.

My avatar sort of shows off the wing.

-Manny

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i like autoforms the best, seems to follow the lines of the car more aesthetically. more of a spoiler as opposed to a wing

Andrew/USPWR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would like a wing on my GTS for aerodynamics at the track. If it was removable for the street.

2000 GTS Steel Grey
6 piston Baer claws up front, Front brakes in back, Quaife differential, GKH half shafts,
Alloy fly wheel, Short throw shifter, Polished aluminum intakes, K&N air filters,
Optima battery, Sterling silver ignition key, ACR 5 point harnesses.

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
PartsRack has the MoPar SPOILER (not wing) in stock, $350 delivered USA.

We also have wings, fixed, adjustable, double spoiler-wing

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I'd go with the Mopar on a RT and I'd get it from JonB. You'll love having the wing/spoiler. Good luck and send pics when done. :2tu:

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ruckdr,
who did your amazing paint job?
a dealership or local artist?
what a awesome color combo!!
i know that i have said it before but congrats again!!!

ruckdr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
jimandela,
Thanks again. It was painted prior to my purchase of the car in Jan 2001, by a local painter in Alabama - don't know the name.
Later,