Which of you has HRE 547's or 546's -- photos please

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Which of you has HRE 547\'s or 546\'s -- photos please

Guys,

My DLM car arrives in 3 days, and it has 18 inch BBS wheels. I want to change the wheels out to either HRE 546's or 547's. Those of you that have either of these on a GTS, can you post some photos? I plan on choosing between the two and picking them up ASAP.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY want 19's, but I need grippy tires because of the 883 RWHP I am putting down, so I am thinking of sticking with the 18's for now :(

-Manny

Vipermed 97.01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: Which of you has HRE 547\'s or 546\'s -- photos please

We have a beautifull set of polished 546s 18" with great rubber(sports)for 3850

dennis

Enthusiast
Reaction score

If you want to, I can put some rims on pictures of YOUR car with Photoshop...

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, the HRE 545/6/7 R series looks better than the older design IMO because of the wide flat lip, a lot like the new Purner wheels. Like the Purners, the HRE R's have so far been available only in 19" (at least for the rear). However, I spoke with HRE a week or two ago and was told they are going to be able to make 18" rear R series wheels in a month or so. I have a Roe blown car putting out quite a bit less hp and torque than you'll have, and my opinion is stay away from the 19's--I'm going to sell my 19" 545R's and go back to 18's. With Pilots you'll be severely traction limited in the first two or three gears. If you want HRE's, I'd wait a few weeks and see if the 18" R's materialize, or go with the existing 18" style if you like them just as well or better.

SJT97GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

[image]http://members.aol.com/sean9689/MyViperGTS[/image]

I just put these on last week, and LOVE THEM! :2tu:

18" HRE 547's...

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Manny, the HRE 545/6/7 R series looks better than the older design IMO because of the wide flat lip, a lot like the new Purner wheels. Like the Purners, the HRE R's have so far been available only in 19" (at least for the rear). However, I spoke with HRE a week or two ago and was told they are going to be able to make 18" rear R series wheels in a month or so. I have a Roe blown car putting out quite a bit less hp and torque than you'll have, and my opinion is stay away from the 19's--I'm going to sell my 19" 545R's and go back to 18's. With Pilots you'll be severely traction limited in the first two or three gears. If you want HRE's, I'd wait a few weeks and see if the 18" R's materialize, or go with the existing 18" style if you like them just as well or better.

ROnnie, do you have photos of any of the R series wheels on a car s well as non R series? I'd love to see the difference. On the HRE site, it is hard to tell the difference.

BADVENOM

Enthusiast
Reaction score

HRE 547's Polished /eradispeed rotors..

207My_Pictures0016.jpg

Gerald

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just got some 540's Manny, would that help?

with my car lowered the 17's have a niiice look. Look like 18's now.>!

G

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I just bought Scott's 546's listed above! Thanks Scott!!!!

I've been looking for a great set of used 546's with tires too. This board is great!

OP
OP
M

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Guys, I was reading some older posts and came across the following bit of information. Has this been verified? Will an HRE 547 with Sport Cups or Drag Radials on a 800+ RWHP car break the wheels? I've broken a wheel at the track and don't want to break an HRE wheel on the street!!!

Here's the bit of info I found:

----

In my opinion, you cant go wrong with 547R's or Purners. However, they recommend not even going near a racetrack on slicks/hoosiers/ET Streets/etc with the 547 series of wheels. Also, dont forget, the BIG reason that HRE wheels are so freaking expensive is that they are true 3 peice wheels... if that matters to you, OK. (even though I dont know why it would) If it doesnt, your really paying for something that doesnt matter. The quality of Purner wheels (as I'm sure you know) is phenomenal.

PS- I am not brand biased by any means, I was faced with the same decision you are making, and those are the conclusions I reached. (I havent even bought the wheels yet...lol. next spring) Go figure, it was on the same three wheels too. haha.

Daniel Lesser
Viper Specialty Performance
(716) 912-5336
[email protected]
2002 Final Edition Viper GTS
#171 of 360

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Click my avtar. 546's. Brembo BBK up front, Eradispeed rears.

Ben

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ben, are your rims chrome or polished? They look REAL good.

I know there has been a lot of talk on HREs breaking with no warranty if used for racing.

Ryck, you don't need to worry about breaking an HRE, I think you have to drive the car in order for that to happen :)

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ryck, you don't need to worry about breaking an HRE, I think you have to drive the car in order for that to happen :)

Hey now, be nice Jerry. I put 50 miles on her today. It's still not even spring here yet! Give me some time.

beckertb

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Jerry,

Thanks for the complement. The wheels are full polish. No clear. A little Mother's and some elbow grease from time to time.........

Ben

Go Fast For Life

Enthusiast
Reaction score

19" HRE 546s
You must be registered for see images

Screamin LS1 SS

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Go Fast for Life - Thats the best looking Viper I have ever seen... :2tu: