V-10 Nationals Final Race date ADDED KANSAS

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
the final addition to this years racing series will be in Topeka,Kansas we are excited about this track and the local club's have stepped up to make this possible. the track website is www.hpt.com More info will be added soon. Mark your calandar for July 10 - 11

As always you can look for more info at www.v10nationals.com

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm very interested in attending and participating. This would be my first Viper event both participated in and attending. I'm totally stock down to the original filters and all and my drag race experience is rather limited ( I did run my '97 Dakota at Bandimere a few times).

I'd love to be part of some type of Viper convoy to the event, especially if anyone from Colorado is heading there. You would pass through Goodland, KS on the way (on I-70 just east of the CO/KS border).

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dave -

The Kansas City VCA will be HEAVILY involved in this event as we are coordinating this with the V10 National folks (Dr. Roof). We will have several "rookies" attending from the KC club. I will be e-mailing the folks in the Iowa/Nebraska and the Colorado clubs so that hopefully it will be a sell-out in no time. This is an AWESOME track that is very, very fast (several NHRA records). I went faster in my GTS there in two passes than I did in KC with 100+. Very excited about this event!

Chris

OP
OP
D

Dr Roof

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kansas region stepped up.

We have limited resources and we planned on doing 6 races this year. I wanted to come there (maryland)but a track was never secured.

with proper help we can secure a date for early next year.

if you can get the local club and Viper guys to support an event we will still consider coming but the summer months are booked. July Kansas August Ohio Sept VOI shreveport Late october might work but we have the finals in Dec.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have tried e-mailing the president of the Utah/Colorado region when I recently got my VCA #. I havent heard back from him. I'm trying to get a list of events they participate in. I looked at the regional calendar as well with nothing listed for activities. Perhaps I should have become a member of the Kansas City region, I'll give them some more time to respond.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can't comment for certain, but I seem to recall that others have mentioned that the Colorado VCA is fairly inactive and that they do more "informal" get togethers with area Vipers - members and non. And while we are a little bit further from you, we welcome ALL Vipers as KC members - free Viper wall calendar (huge too), free Dyno Day, discounted KC VCA shirts, etc. Throw in some drag racing in July and a road course in October (Topeka again) and we are ALWAYS busy! We look forward to seeing you at the drag races and feel free to look us up if you are in the area. We have events scheduled every single month now through October. You are always welcome to join us!

I have tried e-mailing the president of the Utah/Colorado region when I recently got my VCA #. I havent heard back from him. I'm trying to get a list of events they participate in. I looked at the regional calendar as well with nothing listed for activities. Perhaps I should have become a member of the Kansas City region, I'll give them some more time to respond.

Dave T (BADVENM)

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the invite!! I'm preparing to purchase a race suite for PPIR in May (pretty basic is only requirement) but want to make sure its allowed at this and other Viper events. I also have a Bell Sport 3 helmet and a 5 pound entinguisher. Will these suffice for the Topeka event? I'm looking forward to my first Viper event and to meet other Viper owners.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Anyone out there need a driver for their Viper for the Kansas event?

I think the drivers must ALL be the owners of the car driven - no hired guns. And everybody knows you aren't licensed to drive in a straight line... ;)

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to know on the hired guns, as I recall some sort of disagreement on that same subject (since solved). You still don't want him to drive - he only has a left turn license (NASCAR/Busch driver). ;)

And yes, Loretta is right here in Kansas City and part of our Kansas City VCA. All the more reason to attend, as I am sure she will bring some of her friends!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the drivers must ALL be the owners of the car driven - no hired guns.

Not true for every class. Hired guns are welcome.

I'm not looking for a paying job, just a seat to make some passes in, Trophies, Accolades, or Prizes or whatever goes to the car owner.

I would like to drive a 10 Sec. or quicker car. I use to pilot a 9 Sec bike, but have never been quicker than 10 Sec. in a car.

Go fast turn left!!!!! Correct???? :eek:

Oh...Go fast..don't turn.....I got it, I got it!!!! :2tu:

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You guys are all missing out. She's a regular here with a few of us locals!

See a few more pics of her here. www.lorettabuckley.com

One of her with one of our locals Viper. The photog of the Viper shot has hundreds of shots of this lovely lady! Maybe he will share some here!!! How about some of those of her in the white jump suit working on your car, or maybe in the pink swim suit in your car???? Where are you Jerry????

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get in the back of the line guys. I'm picking her up at the airport Thursday for a weekend gig at Bradenton Motorsports Park. :)

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am sure I am one of the few guys that can post LOTS of pictures. She is real cool. I will start posting pictures to keep this Kansas City V10 thread alive.

This will cause a SELL OUT at the Topeka Race :)

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am letting her tune my motor for the Topeka V10 Nationals. Is that a good idea?

268DSC01468-900-med.jpg

268DSC01608-900-med.jpg

She actually wants to be a driver. Anyone going to let her drive their Viper?

268DSC01516-900-med.jpg

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hope no on deletes my pictures! I have more to come.

I can't help that she looks good enough to get Chris Marshall in trouble for just taking pictures :)

She loves Vipers. Topeka will be a blast!

BadVenm

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good job Jerry! More anytime.

Did you get that date set up for her, my wife and I that we talked about yesterday?
Are we still taking her "Clubbin'" in the limo?

Don't let anyone take my powder boy duties for your photo shoots!
The time I had to rub baby oil all over the girls got kinda messy, but I guess I'd do it again.

You D-man!

V10 MOJO

Enthusiast
Reaction score
chuck, you do know her itinerary chnged. i think shes arriving around 1:30pm call her today as i dont always listen well enough to relay messages, LOL

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry for the typo above. That is what I get for being up at midnight.

Here are some more pics for you guys. How many are coming to the V10 Nationals in Topeka?

268DSC00178-900-med.jpg

268DSC00171-900-med.jpg

Loretta hates this picture, what do you guys think?

268DSC00152-900-med.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper