1970 Hemi Challenger, $5000, See Your Local Dodge Dealer!

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not! Gotcha didn't I? This is how I feel every time I see the new Dodge SRT-10 Ram commercial where it blows the doors off the Ford truck! Cute commercial but stupid marketing! Dodge is still running the ads even after over selling the vehicle by about 10,000 units! At a very conservative cost of about $150,000 per commercial it cost each of the 3000( Production Run) owners of the Ram SRT-10, $50. If they run the ad 20 times it has cost each of you $1000!

Maybe it isn't a good idea to have an ocean between the "brains" and the marketplace? Remember these are the same guys that will be offering deep discounts and rebates, in a few months, on nearly every other car that they are over producing as you read this. Maybe they just want to get you on the lot and sell you something else? Look how well it worked getting you to read this post, it's called "Bait and Switch"! My local Spitzer Dodge dealership still hasn't responded to my emails or my certified letter I sent them a week ago to discuss their inability or unwillingness to honor the deal I had for one!

I don't think I'll buy any "New" vehicles again. I have finally realized why they take such a huge hit in the first year, they are completely over priced to begin with, trying to pay for the mistakes that the manufacturer and the dealers make. I have a check waiting this time next year for a Red Ram SRT-10, for $30K. Vehicle must be like new and have less than 5000 miles. This is about what it will be worth when the market settles. Sorry about your luck if you spent $50-$60K on yours, but look at the bright side, you got to drive it first!

Sam Goldfarb
Ohio VCA Secretary :headbang:

rac156

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm not sure its bad marketing. It creates interest in the brand just like the Ford GT commercials are meant to do.

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree to a point, but what would you do if you had orders for 10,000 more vehicles than you planned to produce. Keep trying to sell more of them? I personally would stop making the vehicles that take huge rebates to move and ramp up the SRT-10 Ram lines! Let them ask the dealers what they want on their lots! When some attorney finally sees that the dealers and the manufacturers have too much control over an artificial market and pricing, maybe we will see another big anti-trust lawsuit?

Roadrunner

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Would someone please find Sam an SRT-10 ram he can buy for sticker or below!? :)

To Sam's point... yeah, just wait a while and the prices will settle. This is not the only year that the trucks will be built. Why spend more on a truck than you would on say a nice 97-98 GTS?

And also... the first few accidents / thefts are bound to happen... so there will be builders out there shortly.

OP
OP
S

Sam Goldfarb

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A RED one! Bill Pemberton from Woodhouse Dodge and Chuck Tator from Tator's Dodge both have been working with me and I appreciate their time! I really am kicking myself for not buying a 1997 Viper powered truck on ebay a few months ago! It also had an automatic tranny!! Seems like Dodge made a few of the Ram SRT-10s with automatics for the Nascar Pace vehicles used on the track! Still no word from the local Spitzer Dodge dealership, I know they accepted the certified letter on 3/9/04, must have sent it over to the legal department?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDViper