Thread: Ready to buy VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Thread
    Enthusiast

Default Ready to buy VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All right after almost two years of looking I believe that I have found the one. It is a 96' GTS under 10k miles. This car is extremely clean and after meeting the owner it was probably babied just as I would have done. Does anyone have any advice for me before I take the plunge? This will be my first viper and since I am not a wealthy man I hope that I am not making a mistake. I will be attending the VOI8 in Dallas as well as other events if the deal comes through. Fortunately I am about 20 miles from Dallas. I am definitely ready to get rid of the "enthusiast" and post some pics. By the way the smiley face icon does not even begin to express my giddiness!

Viper Owner

Default Re: Ready to buy VIPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey syclone1157,
    Buy it!!!!!!!!!
    I wanted a Viper since before they came out in 1992. I finally was able to aquire a 96 GTS about four months ago and I haven't stopped smiling since. Its wicked fast and a blast to drive. By the way, I'm not sure how you can own one and "babied" it?? Thats not usually in a Viper owners mind or the manual!! Get it and have a blast!!

God Bless,
    Keith

Sounds like you'll be joining the N. Texas VCA. Check our site www.northtexasviperclub.com for info. about our next meeting. Where is the car you're looking at? Has an experienced VCA member helped check it out for you? Good luck...let us know when you get it and plan on coming to our next meeting.

Enthusiast

What I meant by babying the viper I was refering to the exterior and interior condition. There would definately be something wrong if the owner of this car did not drive it the way it was meant to be driven. To answer DEVILDOG's question, the car belongs to a VCA member.

Viper Owner

Having just purchased my first Viper (See sig) I have to say: DO IT! I love the car. I am 24 and not exactly "filthy rich" but can afford the car.

After I purchased my car I proceeded to buy $150 in car wash supplies and NEED to buy some mods already. Get ready to shell out a couple grand shortly after purchase. I ended up dropping 3000 on top of the price of the car becuase I flew out to inspect the car and had it delivered to my house 800 miles away.

One recommendation I could give is this: Go over the car like you are giving it a good wash and cleaning. During its first wash I found several things with my car that I did not see on my day of purchase. Of course none of them are significant, but little pet peeves of mine none the less.

Cheers and GOOD LUCK!