FIRST LOOK AT NEW 3D MGW GRIPPER KNOB>>>>>

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys,

well it has been about a year since i designed the cloissone gripper knobs and i have decided that i have grown tired with them :shocked:

i REALLY like the gloveboxes i have in the newer cars and felt that having the colors on both may be a bit much. so i made an edm tool to emboss the viper head in a small aluminum billet puck and then send them off to be hand "antiqued" which gives it a nice shadowed effect and highlights the fact that these are NOT engraved knobs but 3D raised images. they really look sharp. another thing is they are very neutral and go well in ANY color viper interior or exterior. they especially look good with the cognac interior.also while i was redoing it i made some MAJOR changes to the knob due to customer requests( or in some cases demands!!! :D

as you can see from this pic i changed the following...

You must be registered for see images

1. i removed the setscrew and instead reverted back to the factory wrench flats. i still think this is more of a pain to install but it does kepp the threads from being damaged.

2. the bottom area is actually designed now so you can EASILY pull the leather boot up and over the wrench flats and right up to the under side of the knob base for a MUCH cleaner look.

3. i changed the emblem size on the snake to 1" instead of 1.25" so the BALL of the knob extends farther up the top. this gives it more of a true ball feel rather than the FLAT top . much more ergo!!!

here are some other pics...

REGARDS
GEORGE CIAMILLO

WWW.MGWLTD.COM
706-793-1770

Ron

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to the good old days when you bought one Hurst "T" handle and were set for life?

Looks like I'll need to get yet another Viper shift knob. Thanks George.....

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just spoke w/ George and ordered the new gripper knob! can't wait! i still have the stock shifter so the upgrade will be nice!

call in at 706-793-1770 and order one :>) ask for peggy or ginger and tell 'em George sent ya!

:2tu:

dan
2kviper

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do they come in just one finish? I see a chrome ring and a satin finish

Flx109

the cnc machined body of the knob comes in either a triple chrome finish or a silver anodized finish. the top 3D emblem is the same in either :2tu:

george

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, your making it difficult, which one do I want? What does everyone think, should I get the chrome ring or the anodized?

FLX109

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
George, your making it difficult, which one do I want? What does everyone think, should I get the chrome ring or the anodized?

FLX109

I'm having the same problem. I may go anodized just because every other MGW piece I have is satin. But then again, the satin and chrome combo looks good!

FLX109

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know what will happen, I will pick one then another finish will show up, probably a blue emblem, I don't know mayybeee chrome, tell me what you get, I'll copy you.

FLX109

Simms

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I am going with the chrome ring to let it stand out a little. The center will still match everything else.

OP
OP
M

MGWLTD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys, if you have any other MGW stuff in your viper i would most certainly stay with that finish. it will look the best i think!!!

if not then the only thing i would add is that the 99092 vipers have satin accent gage rings so i would opt for satin in that case also.

regards
goerge

Dimitrios

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ive just placed an order on one with yellow and silver. are they easy to install? do they come with instructions? will shifting be improved?

charmer006

Enthusiast
Reaction score
HELL YEEAH, NICE LOOK...THE PEOPLE HAVE SPOKEN...COGNAC BALL PLEASE!!!!!!

JWVIPER

VCA Member
Reaction score
Just order one as well, spoke with George, cognac not perfected yet but if they do get it done he will be able to sell us that part for about 5 bucks and easy screw on screw off. :cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmagnuss