Door latch

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Took mine out today.....went to get out, and the door latch didn't work. Reached outside, that one didn't work either. I had to pull the emergency latch to get out. Once I was out, the outside door latch started working. Dealer ordered new latch for it, I hope that is what is wrong. They said the inside handle had power to it, but it wasn't getting to the latch iself. What a pain in the a$$.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Carmen,

Interesting, I was just out at work cleaning the windows on the new 01 and wondering what the emergency latch was for. I guess now I know.

What dealer do you taker your car to?

2kviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
emergency latch is also for when/if you lock yourself out, you can take down the small back windown w/ the small key and get in....

Big Medicine

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It could very well be your wiring harness from the door to the dash....bending radius is too sharp for bare wires, the way they installed them. They kink & eventually break.

Mine did the same thing. Cut the rubber boot & take a look.

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What dealer do you taker your car to?

[/QUOTE]

I was right near Brenner Dodge when it happened, so I just pulled in and had them check it. They have one guy certified to work on Vipers.

ACELLR8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in your area yesterday in the GTS visiting Dave (Z06 guy), he lives in the development accross from 12 oaks.

We should get together soon!!

Ed

OP
OP
P

PaViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was in your area yesterday in the GTS visiting Dave (Z06 guy), he lives in the development accross from 12 oaks.

We should get together soon!!

Ed

I will be around this weekend except for Saturday night...going to a hockey game courtesy of Brenner Dodge. :2tu:
By the way, I stopped in at Brenner today and they said someone was there today with a yellow RT.

ViperJon1996

Viper Owner
Reaction score
It's NOT the latch. Its the wires in the black boot between the body of the car and the door. TRUST ME! Mine did the SAME THING. Started with door latch then speaker then window wouldn't roll down. Wal-mart sells wire connectors and the wires in that boot are color coded nicely. Let me know what u find. BTW The wires will be broken in the middle of the boot so pull the boot WAY back to expose breaks in wires.